A couple of sick ladies... Advice?

Seedbank: A couple of clones from me.
Strain (bagseed too): Monkey Slaps
Indoor, outdoor: Indoor
Tent, Room Size: 2X4
Lighting: Budget vivosun (it is small. Maybe for a 2x2 grow)
Light height: 15 inches
Temps (day and night): Basement temps 70s
Relative Humidity (day and night) : 50%
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : None that I know of.
Ventilation:4 inch budget inline fane with speed controler. 2 6 inch oscilating fans
Pot sizes: 5 gallon grow bags (I think)
Soil, Coco, or Dwc: Frog Farmers(?)
Nutrient type:Gia Green
Ph numbers: Water PH’d at 6.00
Ec and PPM:N/A
Water Temps:N/A
Co2: None

Seed germination date: Clone
Veg duration: Roughly 6 weeks old
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): Waters when dry and has only fed her once since receiving her.

Here’s the story: These are 2 clones I gave to a friend of mine. He had 2 previous attempts with commercial auto-flower seeds but they were never able to develop enough to effectively flower. I received this image from him and I don’t have the soil experience to give him the advice he needs to get them back on track. This guy just wants to grow his own medicine and to feel better but he has some very real physical limitations and they are only getting worse.

So the next grow… Whatever happens with this grow we’ll do our best but the next grow needs to be different. Any advice on a simple and foolproof soil/coco grow mix would also be appreciated.
Thanks guys :heart:

6 Likes

I’m not really sure, but it looks like a combination of overwatering and a nutrient issue. The nutrient issue is hard to figure out without knowing ec/ppm in and what it is after feeding.

8 Likes

Definitely looks like too much water. He states he waters when dry. How is he determining when it’s dry? I do mine by weight. I just heft the container. Some say if it’s dry to the first knuckle.

8 Likes

Check 1-2” down with finger in all corners of pot. If they are dry from top soil down to 2” u need to water if the pot is light as well then go ahead and water. I usually dont do more than 7% a pot per watering example 5g pot .35g or 1.32 liter. Try not to overwater or underwater, and i would also cut down on light intensity till they bounce back

6 Likes

Ive never had any issue with it being too hot after two weeks outside. Seedlings dont go in until four nodes. I use this recipe, because its just about all a plant will need for a normal life cycle. She’ll need a lil of this and a lil of that, but it allows for life’s shit storms. I do the finger test, but go to second knuckle.

6 Likes

@mayakid He has a progressive neurological disorder that affects his sense of touch among other things. He could test it with his finger but my guess is he can’t really feel it.

5 Likes

@gandolfguerilla Wow! Thanks for the recipe!

6 Likes

Thanks for the assistance, Legends. I will start getting regular updates and images and hopefully in the next week or so they will be back on track. I’ll keep y’all posted.

5 Likes

Just to let you guys know that grow did not survive. The soil the grower was using was not good so the plants never really had much of a chance. We’ll get things ready for another attempt in the next month or so. Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes