A fellow GN member needs your help

It’s not easy to ask for help, but sometimes it’s absolutely necessary. This is one of those times, my friends. One of our fellow GN community members reached out to me yesterday with some devastating news: recent flooding on the Arkansas River has completely destroyed his residence. He shared pictures and they are just heart wrenching. The family does not have flood insurance.

The family has set up a GoFundMe page to help them begin to rebuild their home and restore their lives. Here’s a link to the GoFundMe if you can help out.

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much, GN Family. :pray:

12 Likes

Thank you Nick and GN Community. My family appreciates any assistance as you can see by the pictures we have been nearly washed away by the historic flood levels of the Arkansas River. We evacuated on May 31st and could only get back in yesterday on June 10th to see how bad it really is. My family has registered with FEMA, SBA, IRS and the American Red Cross for assistance and would greatly appreciate anything the GN community can help with.

5 Likes

Thank you to the GN members that were gracious. Here is a video of the disaster at the home that gives more detail.

4 Likes

Another thanks to all those who helped and an update on the status of my recovery. During the past 2 weeks I have cut the plywood walls in my 1600 sf shop at 5 feet and removed the insulation below plus cut the drywall from my home at 4 feet and pulled all appliances and floor coverings. Now we have sprayed with Shock Wave mold treatment as we await for the structure to dry out. We have started rebuilding the shop walls and working towards getting what I have left organized by the end of the weekend. Thanks again and never take for granted what you think you have because it can be gone in the blink of an eye. God bless and grow well. JW/original/3X/e/f/ef16cbda59f63d1c3fe8f3097c87e6c72e9275cb.MOV

3 Likes