A friendly hello, here's my little grow

A little update

Veg tent has filled out again, 3 autos to come out soon so that should free up a bit of room, the other 6 are photos, I’ll keep them vegging for a bit until more room is available

Flower tent lost a lady and gained a new one, an auto lemon drop

I removed the runt and brought it inside where it’s warmer, might make me a bowl or two

2 Likes

Whats the freak of dankness strains? Different from the freakshow?

FOD is freaks of dank

Rare dankness #1 x freakshow

From 7eastgenetics

1 Like

You got a pic of that in bloom?

Nope I just have seeds for now but I’ll keep everyone updated as it grows. I still have 8 or 10 seeds Of FOD to pop but waiting for more space and more ideal conditions

2 Likes

After a few nights of mid 40’s F with 95%+rh I had to make a move inside

The others are in an unfinished basement for the time being

A few new autos made the flowering tent

This is day one of week 6 for the Dwarf Low Flyers, a few more weeks to go. Temps have been consistently low so growth has been slower than ideal

The runt

The top lady of the grow

5 Likes

Getting close, maybe another week, 2 weeks tops I’d say

1024-03
1024-04
Ignore the cat hair
1024-05
1024-06
1024-07
1024-08

6 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Looking good stevie

1 Like

I’m pretty new to the site @stevie and just happened upon your grow. I have to tell you for a virgin (that was hilarious) you are knockin it out of the park. I still am pretty new to the home grown dank as well, BUT our shed grows are somewhat polar opposites . I don’t get in the 30’s…or barely the 60’s for that matter so i don’t have to battle cold…i do however battle 1000% humidity 24/7 it is never ever NOT 100% down here in the armpit of the US. Not to mention 110° days and 99° nights… LoL Anywho I made it just in time for the best part right - harvest … can’t wait to see your fruits of labor pay off. Good luck with drying and curing which is just as much a skill as growing I’ve come to learn. I’ll be watching!!

2 Likes

Hey all, back again with a long overdue update

Today was chop day for Dwarf low flyer #1 & #2
It’s been a long time since I have harvested anything and this is the first from indoors. They’re sticky sticky girls, as long as I don’t mess up the dry and cure it should be some pretty decent smoke

image image image image image image image image image

#1 came out with a weight of 205.59g
#2 came out with a weight of 65.61g

Combined predried weight is 271.20g

It sounds somewhat small but keep in mind the sub par growing conditions the plants experienced and the Dwarf low flyer has an expected yield of only 75g a plant

I’ll update after a few days of drying

6 Likes

So how is it? You’ve surely cooked a bud and tested by now… I’m pretty good about not pre testing but it’s usually out of necessity if I rob a popcorn bud off a girl early. LoL do you have a sealed or rather normal environment for curing? I’m not that lucky my wife won’t let it in the house till it’s jarred up. I can burp it inside but it’s gotta do it’s week dry outback in the shed.

1 Like

that is a awsome pic Stevie good luck

1 Like

Haven’t crack and tried any of it yet, waiting it out, still have a wee bit of purchased bud to run through. I figure it’ll make this home grown bud that much better

I’m drying in a small tent in a closet, something like 3 wide by 5 high, maybe 20 inches deep. Temp stays around 65-71f with humidity slowly dropping, started around 75% holding now about 44%. I need to try to bring it back up a bit and hold there, thinking around 50 but not sure how to do that.

Any ideas anyone?

2 Likes

Other than a humidifier you can try sitting a large bowl of water in the drying space. Try not to let it over dry at that humidity level. It’s a lot harder to bring it back if it over dries.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t have a humidifier handy, will try to find one soon. I’ve tried a cup of hot water, bowl of hot water but that’s a very temporary fix.

I was thinking maybe trying some big ass paper bags or a cardboard box to slow down the loss of humidity

1 Like

Easy fix take some coco or pea gravel even aquarium gravel will work put one those. In an open mouth container then add water with the coco I’d water it daily don’t soak to much

2 Likes

Neat idea, I’ll give something like that a try

Thanks

2 Likes

Also wet towels will help raise but again temporary. I never heard the coco before and that beats my full house. Good stuff. I’m sure it’ll rock, what kind was it again?

2 Likes

It’s a Dwarf Low Flyer, meant to stay small and compact, nothing spectacular thc wise, averages about 10-11% but the stuff that I’ve had before was a nice smooth relaxing smoke, hoping to end up with similar

4 Likes