A good problem to have. Any advice?

So my plants have some pretty big buds and are becoming top heavy in the five gallon grow bags . The other night we had some winds and two were knocked over and one is leaning like crazy. Really hope it didn’t cause a lot of damage to the plant roots etc. I used some garden ties tied to a anchor in the ground to pull back the big one and give it support. I don’t want to put stakes right in the soil because Im assuming that would damage the root system Right? Any advice on what to do

6 Likes

Slam stakes in the surrounding ground to tie off to but if u r just using stakes and don’t go in and out and in and out creating a lot of damage putting some stakes in the pot won’t harm much as long as it not shove it in and wiggle it round lol. But u can just go in the grass with stakes or 2xs and tie off to them then there is no root harm at all.

6 Likes

Thank you for the advice mark! By the looks of the leaning big one do you think any damage was done to the plant ? Just curious as it’s my first season growing and really learning about plants

6 Likes

U will know if it was any kind of stress taken on by the looks of her. Did she all the sudden get droopy leaves or any weird looking looks to her after u stood her back up. If not I’d not worry too much as usually they will show damagefairly quick if u see her looking sad in any way then I’d say good possibility she took on some damage but hard to say for sure. Time will tell and if she still looks pretty stout I’d not worry too much. Stake it up sturdy so it don’t happen again. Lol. Good luck. U can prolly surround the pot with cynder blocks also to help support the pot from tipping so much of u don’t have stakes available. Macgyver some stuff when u tie off to branches make sure to leave some choke room so if the branch swells any it will have some breathe room.

5 Likes

4 tent stakes in the ground and a couple bungee cords would work

good luck

Dequilo

7 Likes

10 Likes

I did my best. The buds are becoming so heavy . But we had some crazy weather here torrential downpours for like two days and winds . I’m guessing I have like two more weeks to go before harvest?

5 Likes

@spades90 if that paracord is in direct contact with the stem it can cause damage. Keep an eye on it
637010-mike_large

6 Likes

Really how bad?? Some it is just plain rope and some of it is rope specifically for plants

2 Likes

Only have a few weeks to go before harvest. What do you think ? I spent all day doing this lol now I’m worried

3 Likes

@spades90 You’re fine. Just keep an eye on the stem where the paracord is. If you’re almost done then it won’t be a problem. If you are starting to notice any stem damage from friction you can deal with it early. You have a lovely garden, dude!

3 Likes

just stake/hold the pot down staking the plant like that may will become more of a problem

I took 25 pound bench weights and hooked them to the bottom of seven gallon pots

one season

a couple of patio block

good luck wind can destroy a minute

Dequilo

2 Likes

also no metal tie’s ,ect – can cause a “dead” area were used _-What strain is that ? looks like a sativa dominate strain or 100% Sativa (landrance)

4 Likes

fat buds for 100% sativa landrace

3 Likes

I used just regular rope and they are pretty advanced in the flowering stage so I’m guessing i have like two more weeks til harvest so hopefully I will be good til then. It’s my first time growing ever! I bought the seeds off blimburn seeds . They were supposed to be papaya heavy indica but now idk wtf these are . You guys are saying they are strictly sativa

3 Likes

I bought the seeds off blimburn seeds and the tall plants were supposed to be papaya ( indica) but obviously they aren’t indica so idk wtf I have

3 Likes

I would not say that myself

lots of Sativa in this cross but far from all

you plants and buds look great :slight_smile: here is to a super harvest for your hard work

enjoy the day and grow well

Dequilo

7 Likes

checked blimburn seeds on seedfinders and they have no “papaya” you are right papaya in a dominated indica plant (70%)

4 Likes

Hmm. @repins may have a papaya cross if not it was graysinfarms.com if not listed there I will talk to her and see if she has any and what they r. She does awesome breeding.

3 Likes

Man i want to make outdoor cages Big Huge ones with concrete reinforcement wire!.

5 Likes