About the Grow Guides category

!!----PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE CREATING TOPICS IN THIS CATEGORY—!!

DO NOT add your guides to this post. Guides must be posted as new topics in their appropriate subcategory.

DO use this post for general questions/guidance/feedback :slight_smile:

IMPORTANT! Keep discourse civil. Questions and discussion are good. Insults are not.

Welcome to the Growers Network Grow Guides category! This is the place for you, our member growers to submit your own guides for all parts of the cannabis cultivation process.

The initial subcategory list is not exhaustive, so if you think we need another subcat, send me a DM and I’ll gladly add it.

Guide Template and Formatting
It’s important that we keep these posts formatted consistently. Imagine the type of lesson you’ve read in a published grow guide, the lessons should look more or less uniform. See the example template below for an idea of how the formatting should look. You will find the same template in each new topic you create for easy formatting.

THAT SAID, if the Guide Template requires tweaking for your specific lesson, please feel free to do so while keeping the formatting consistent.

• Guides that don’t adhere to this general format - or forego it altogether - run the risk of being removed.

• Use proper grammar and terminology to the best of your ability.

• Collaborations between/among members are welcome.

• Pics are encouraged!

SAMPLE GUIDE
Lesson by: ChrisD
Topic: Germinating Cannabis Seeds
Summary: This lesson will teach you to germinate your seeds in a wet paper towel

Materials Needed:

• Your Seeds
  • Two sheets of paper towel
  • Water
  • Dinner Plate

Instructions:

1. Wet your paper towel
  2. Place one sheet on the plate
  3. Place seeds on paper towel
  4. Cover seeds with second sheet of wet paper towel
  5. Keep paper towel moist and check your seeds daily. When you see your taproot “pop” you can plant your seeds into your grow medium.

Additional Information:

Keep your germinating seeds, paper towel, and plate in a relatively cool place to avoid drying out the paper towel too quickly.

Living FAQs (updated as necessary)
Can more than one person write a guide on the same topic?
Yes! While we want to avoid redundant information, there are many methods for cultivating cannabis. More info is definitely better.

Links to Grow Guide Subcategories:
Propagation
Genetics
Vegetation
Flowering
Drying
Curing
Trimming

Resources
GrowersHouse
Growers Network University
Growers Network Blog
Canna Cribs on YouTube

7 Likes

Update: I just posted the first grow guide to the category. Check it out!

Think you can do better? Prove it! :wink:

3 Likes

hey @Hobbyist! Who’s working on a grow guide for this new category? Can’t wait to see what you’ve got!

3 Likes

Are we able to just post videos, or do you want full write ups too?

3 Likes

The write up is important, but supplemental vids would be awesome.

4 Likes

@nick
I like your guide concept, can I recommend some modifications on your germination guide?

4 Likes

I’d prefer you write a better one!

But yes, send me a DM if I overlooked something.

Chris

2 Likes

In that case, I’ll ninja yours and start my own with my own ways :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sweet! Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes