AC Infinity has some new stuff

Just popped over to the AC Infinity site to check on their pole fan availabliity, and found something new.

They just introduced a line of grow bags, three sizes, 1/4 gal, 1/2 gal and 1 gal. Didn’t note the other prices but 50 of the 1 gal. are only $6.99.

Marty

6 Likes

Those are the biodegradables, not re-use ones I think. all prices were a buck dif. / size

I saw them a few days ago, but I ended up spending a bit more and getting some rainscience, .8 gal pheno bags.

6 Likes

Yep I saw that they were biodegradable. But really 50 for $7 bucks who cares lol. They will last a grow. that’s only .14 cents apiece.

Keep waiting on them to get the pole fans in stock, keep getting dissapointed.

Marty

8 Likes

Yeah no debates or arguments, they have their place and use. I was just pointing out they were the degradable, I was wanting more long term stable when i saw them, and found more of what i had in mind.
Yeah I snagged 3 of the non-oscillating they day I got the email notice, get on their mailing list, you get a day or so advantage of releases.

5 Likes

Nice gonna check this out, already am a fan and use their products, thanks for update @Dog_Fart1

3 Likes

Well now ain’t that a bitch, I asked them on their chat how to get on a mailing list for when they get stuff in stock and she told me that they don’t have one ! Gonna go ask again.

Marty

6 Likes

Had never heard of Rain Science…so searched it. Those bags are just like the Radicle bags, looks like the same material. Seem to be a little cheaper than Radicle. I noticed that they sew the handles on just like Radicle does, and it is a pain to use them with the handles laying on the top of the soil because of the way they are sewed on right at the top. All these bag mfg. need to learn to sew the handles on the sides of the bag so the top of the handle is even with the top of the bag. Not only do they pick up better that way, they don’t get in the way of watering and tilling the top of the soil when you are adding amendments. Ok rant over lol.

Marty

7 Likes

Buy the commercial ones in a ten pack they dont have handles.

Sounds like a design on a better product, submit for a patent and lets get some investors in line, its just Awning/sunshade vinyl coated nylon fiber material.

4 Likes

@Dog_Fart1 yep I saw those, but it sure helps to have handles especially when you get into the 7-15 gal sizes. I can and do pick them up from the bottom like when I just put the 10 gal inside of plastic bags to “cook” the organic amendments so I covered the handles putting them in the plastic bags. But is is nice to have handles sewn on in the right place rather than the eaisest place to sew them. I used to run a sewing/pattern shop for a couple of years. Designed my entire line of EMS equiptment and police equiptment and had them sewn up for me. Had gun show vendors and distributors that sold them for me.

Lots of fabric pots of one flavor or another out there, you can’t patent a round bag with handles lol. It’s just a matter of sewing them on in the right place rather than the easiest place. With the maturity of the pot business now, it would just be another bag in a crowded field. Most of all the sewing shops in the midwest closed down when the shoe industry all moved to China. There used to be literally hundreds of sewing shops looking for business here in MO and AR, TN WI MN all over the midwest, Brown shoe, Florsheim, and MANY of the big name shoe companies were headquarted here. There are still a couple of shoe companies open here in MO and still make their shoes and boots here. I used to be a Mfg rep to those companies for all their raw materials.

Marty

6 Likes

I just did some egress drawings for a Serbian/Russian lady(olga) in south chicago with a warehouse room full of non English speaking women and 1500 Jukis sewing leather goods. So its still around in one way or another.

5 Likes

I hear that. I have a Juki walking foot in my basement. I did all the patterns and all the samples myself and gave them completed to the sewing room with assembly instructions step by step.

Marty

4 Likes

OK… what’s a Juki?

3 Likes

Commercial sewing machine mfr… What my client told me was the “Betsts” in her broken-english.

Good morning sir :point_down: :point_down:

3 Likes

I see you typing fart what’s happening

2 Likes

OK I get it. It’s the best commercial sewing machine. Kind of like one of them ones they made 50 or 80 years ago and still works like the day they made it. I have a 13 inch South Bend lathe like that. It was built in 1957 and I rebuilt it about 10 years ago.

4 Likes

Yes exactly, about the time American manufacturing realized if they made things “Too Good”, they could only sell you ONE, not one every year!
Planned obsolescence.

4 Likes

Hap exactly it is a fucking tank. It does ONE thing. Sews a straight stitch, no fancy stuff like buttonholes or anything other than just a straight line stitch. It is a walking foot, which means the foot that holds down the material being sewed is always held down. Home type Singer sewing machines the entire foot lifs up and moves ahead leaving the material out of contact with the foot half the time, a walking foot is split into two parts just like we have two feet one on the ground and one moving forward off the ground. I also have a couple of folders with it, the folder is a simple attactment that folds binding over into a C shape around the edge of the material for a finished edge, they are used on multi layered material sewing. It has a 2 HP motor on it with a foot tredle rather than a thigh switch like a home machine often does. And yes I am being wordie again lol.

Marty

PS the first lathe I ever ran was a South Bend.

This is a Juki

7 Likes

My mom taught me to use her Pfaff machines she was seamstress.

4 Likes

Im now using rain science. Nice a grow bag as there is. I can see them lasting years maybe. Coco and rain science combo is giving my plants an awesome root environment.

First time using coco is these two in currently have in early flower. S skunk and c mass photos.:v::coconut::100:

4 Likes

Yes, I have 8 Radicle bags and they look like they use the same material in them as the rainscience does. A pvc coated mesh with small holes. I like them too, but if you get them they are the perfect bag for fungus gnats to go in and out and breed all over the entire bag.

Marty

4 Likes