AC infinity T series

Currently using 5x5x8 gorilla grow tent with a Gavita Led Looking to replace my old hurricane in line fan With an AC Infiniti T6 or T8 which one would you guys recommend would be best 6 inch or 8 inch in-line… I appreciate the input I’ve been going back-and-forth between six and eight on Deciding.
I was originally thinking 6 inch in-line would be good for a 5x5 But the company is trying to get me to go with the 8 inch I thought that was a bit overkill but still on the fence about it

@hashone the AC Infinity T6 moves Air 402 CFM and your tent is 200 CF (if my math is correct) so it should move your air nicely even with a carbon filter (a carbon filter might drop your airflow rate down to 301.5 CFM). Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I purchase the AC Infinity S4 for my 4x4x7 tent, the reason I purchase the S4(on/off only) versus T4(Temp/humidity+programmable) is because the unit shut down(off) when the environment(humidity/temp.) is outside the parameter you set, this is not good, the grow tent should always have ventilation to create a negative pressure to remove the smell from the tent, the fan should slow down to a lower setting but not turn off, this fan replace my Vivosun 4"(203cfm) I ran this fan a the lower setting for 2 years with no problem but it is a bit noisier, I run the Ac infinity at 3/4 to full speed to achive the same ventilation it produce less noise and it smaller but close to twice the price ?, if the fan(t4) would slow down instead of turning off to maintain some ventilation in the tent this would be a good purchase for me but the way it is, I prefer the Vivosun it is less expensive, a bit noisier and does the job for me.

I have 5 AC infinity Cloudline T series and an AC Infinity Airlift T10 and never had that issue. But then again I’ve only had them for 2 years. I have the fan speed set for 1 (as a minimum speed) so they won’t shutoff unless they lose power so that may be a factor.I do know if the humidity drops below the minimum or goes above the maximum the fan speed will jump to 10 very quickly.

1 Like

I do not have personal experience with the T4 model but that is what I read in the owner manual the fan will shut OFF if humidity or temp are within range and turn on/off to maintain the parameter, that the reason I purchase the S4, but real life experience is always better, if it is not a issue the better.

1 Like

I can can understand that. I was worried about the same thing so I set the minimum fan speed to 1 instead of 0. They also have alarms setting on them, so with a cheap baby monitor you could monitor them remotely if you wanted to. Lol! But I haven’t had any issues with them except calibrating the temperature and humidity sensors, and the customer service rep helped me with that in a couple of minutes! I use passive intake and considered getting the S4’s for intake air because they can be hooked up to the T series controllers. But I like the negative pressure in my tents and felt it might cause other issues.

1 Like

The customer service rep from AC infinity Was trying to convince me to get the T8 for extra wiggle room Claiming adding filter to the T8 would slash CFM in half that sounds a little bit exaggerated for me I almost felt like it was a sales pitch .
I think I’m gonna end up going with the T6

2 Likes

Always go big for your air needs. You can scale down. Can’t scale up.

Thats what I’ve been taught.

4 Likes

I got the 8 yesterday. But not the fancy ones. Just the big ol fan. Im gonna put it on a timer and run it when lights on

1 Like

That’s chill I understand your environment mines a bit different I have a lung room with air conditioning dehumidifier and CO2 thats sealed & the tent sits inside the lung room,Also run tent at negative pressure Outside the tent I also have an additional 8 x 48 can lite filter scrubbing the air in the lung room

1 Like

I think it’s a good choice you will be exchanging all the air pretty good, even if you do a passive intake. The math I did with a carbon filter attached was based on 25% reduction. It might be higher reduction but I’ve been told by several people 25% reduction is common with carbon filters.

3 Likes

From the link: Growing Environment Volume: Calculate the volume of your room by multiplying the length x width x height. For example, if you have a grow tent that is 8’ x 8’ x 7’, then the volume would be (8x8x7) = 448 cu./ft.

Volume To CFM: Your exhaust fan should be able to exhaust the equivalent of your growing environment’s volume in two minutes, or one minute if you are having issues with high temperatures. Assuming we are not having issues with heat, the growing environment volume from our example is 448 cu./ft., which means we need to exhaust 448 cu.ft. / 2 minutes = 224 CFM. From this I know that I need a 224 CFM fan at a minimum.

Other Variables To Account For: We’re not done yet. Now to account for other variables that can require you to have more CFM required for your grow room:

Lights: For each air-cooled light (600-1000w) add the equivalent of 10% of the calculation you finished in the ‘Volume To CFM’ step. For non air-cooled light add 20% per light.
CO2: Add 10% for rooms with CO2 enrichment via a CO2 burner or generator (they create heat).
Carbon Filters: Add 20% if you’re using a carbon filter.
Ambient Temperature: For hot climates (Southern California, Arizona, etc…) add 25%. For humid and hot climates (Florida, Georgia, etc…) add 40%.

2 Likes

Great info @treetrunks!

1 Like

No problem GH took care of all the hard work lol

1 Like

I’m familiar with the calculations and I very much appreciate the info as well. It just seem kind of odd that the customer service rep was saying that the carbon filter was going to slash the CFM in half wanted to know if anybody could confirm that or ran into similar situations with this company in particular

2 Likes

Well the T6 is $149 and the T8 is $199 and he might have thought you wouldn’t do the math to figure out the CFM’s! Lol!

2 Likes

No doubt lol

1 Like

I think the real reason is the T6 is out of stock and won’t be back in stock for a few days and they have T8’s in stock right now. He was just trying to make a quick sell probably.

2 Likes

Are we sure the T4 can be set to a minimum fan speed of 1? I thought it went to 0 when it was in the paramaters

1 Like