Accepting Resumes: Director of Cultivation - Denver, Colorado

Hello growersnetwork!

I’m very glad to be here with all of you! I look forward to learning from growersnetwork and hope to be as helpful to all of you!

Currently, I am working on a Director of Cultivation position for a very strong, very large cannabis company in Denver, Colorado. The position requires large commercial grow experience, OSHA 30 and Six Sigma. For more information or to apply: Career Portal

Overview:

Ms. Mary Staffing is currently seeking a Director of Cultivation for a strong commercial-cannabis-cultivation in Denver, Colorado. As the cannabis industry grows and matures our client is at the forefront of world-class cannabis products and operations. Holding multiple industry awards, our Client is looking for the highest degree of cultivation management. At a minimum, qualified candidates will have the following experience: 5 – 10 years of cultivation process and personnel management experience, OSHA 30, Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CSSBB), excellent business acumen.

Job Summary:

The Director of Cultivation is primarily responsible for complete oversight of all cultivation facilities including correct propagation, vegetation, and distribution of all flower. The Director of Cultivation will possess oversight of all Cultivation Associates and Managers ensuring that the facility is safe and compliant with OSHA, MED and state regulations at all times. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring all company policies are upheld and all company-provided standard operating procedures are adhered to. This ensures the quality of product meets or exceeds our client’s standards. The Director of Cultivation also provides oversight for all new research and development regarding cannabis cultivation to our client remains one of the most innovative cultivation facilities in the industry.

Responsibilities:

Direct and coordinate Team Member activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll and recordkeeping
Contract with third-party owners or stakeholders for raising of crops or management of crop production
Coordinate growing activities with other departments such as, manufacturing, retail to ensure inventory needs are met at all times
Record information, such as production, cultivation management practices, to better prepare reports for Executives and stakeholders
Determine procedural changes in harvesting, drying, grading, storage and shipment for greater quality, efficiency and accuracy
Plan and direct development and production of plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics
Assess requested needs for facility such as machinery, equipment and supplies
Assure all cultivation procedures are executed properly and efficiently
Responsible for production and scheduling of all manufacturing duties, including planning from all stages and aspects of growth
Maintain the efficiency of all necessary steps and procedures of the manufacturing and addresses any issues of which may arise
Ensure all new employees and managers are trained in proper and preferred plant care techniques
Maintain Client’s cultivation facility procedures
Ensure all weighing and recording of data is accurate
Schedule all manufacturing duties for all stages and aspects of growth
Promote employee and manager relations
Maintain plant counts and tracking information for inventory
Maintains and oversees the Enterprise Resource System for cultivation
Creates and develops new product development and presents ideas to Executives and stakeholders
All other job duties as assigned
Qualifications:

Education

Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Botany, Business Management or related field require, Master’s degree preferred
Required Skills & Experience

5-10 years’ cultivation process and personnel management experience
Proven track record of creating, developing, and executing large scale commercial cultivation operational processes and procedures
Experiencing creating, presenting, and performing within defined annual budgets
Experience creating and reporting key performance indicators, weekly/bi-weekly metrics, executive summaries
Experience managing formal performance appraisal programs for Team Members, as well as identifying and developing high potential employees
Must maintain current knowledge and adhere to all policy and regulations of the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED); Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Client
Excellent mathematical, language and reasoning skills
Knowledge in all cannabis medias required
Experience in the fundamentals of plant biology required Experience operating state mandated inventory tracking system (metrcTM) required
Preferred Skills & Experience

Adhere to company mission statement and core values, while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism
Knowledge of Colorado marijuana laws, MED regulations, and CDPHE requirements; previous marijuana industry experience preferred with priority given to candidates with experience in CO licensed facilities
Cannabis cultivation operations experience a plus
Other Requirements

Physical Requirements

Must be able to individually lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time
Must be able to handle labor centric work
Work Requirements

Must be able to work in a cultivation environment with moderate to loud noise level
Must be able to work in manufacturing or production facilities with moderate to loud noise level and changing working conditions. May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment, as needed
Must be able to acquire MED Key badge ($150 Fee to State of CO) prior to beginning employment
About Ms. Mary Staffing

Ms. Mary Staffing is a full service Payroll and HR agency serving the cannabis industry in several states. Here’s what we do: l Process Payroll l File Employer Taxes l Recruitment and Staffing l Benefit Plans l Workers Compensation l Unemployment Claims l Employee Policies, Procedures, and Handbooks l HR Consulting

Sceleta Downing
Recruiter, Ms. Mary Staffing

720-442-0953 | sceleta@msmarystaffing.com | msmarystaffing.com |
2901 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205 | www.linkedin.com/in/sceleta-msmarystaffing

Are you looking for a career move in the hemp or cannabis industry in 2017? Come network with some of the top employers in the industry! Check out www.THCcareerfair.com for more information or to reserve your tickets!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this @sceleta - I know we have at least a couple folks on here who are actively searching for a job.

2 Likes

My pleasure! This is my most difficult roll right now. I’ll check and see what else I have going on and post a few more soon! I would love to be a positive resource to growersnetwork, in this way.

2 Likes

Yeah it sounds like you are looking for someone senior with a lot of experience. I know we have some very experienced consultants on here, but I don’t know if any of them are looking to jump back into a full time dedicated position over their consulting gigs. I’ll ask around and see if any of them are open to it.

2 Likes

Thank you Nic!

2 Likes