Accidentally broke off leaf set while doing first topping

Accidentally broke off leaf set while doing first topping at 34 days they seem to be starting the seventh node.
Plants were doing well till I fat fingered the topping of one plant and broke off way too much.
Wondering what to do, should I clip the other side as well.
The crown royale seems to be short, compact and very bushy, bottom leaves are not getting light anymore.
Attaching images of the damage.

2 Likes

Trim it as your heart thinks you should… I trim every plant with this heart felt feeling…

4 Likes

Yeah no worries. Branches break. I just tape them back in place. Defoliation isn’t a bad thing. Just don’t go to far to fast. I always remove the red steamed leaves first.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, that is good to know!
Until I broke the one at the top, I was going to trim some of the bottom leaves that are not getting light anymore, especially the very bottom ones dragging in the soil.

Then of course I panicked, put the plants back under their lights, rolled one and binged simpsons episodes all night.

I’ll let them recover a few days then go back and clip the leaves touching soil.

3 Likes

unintentional topping… I do it all the time… if you’re lucky it is clone worthy…lol…

5 Likes

You can tie up the really large fan leaves if you like. I just remove them. If you are using humic/fulvic. They are replaced in a week or soo

2 Likes

Fulvic acid makes the plants explode… especially with silca and casting teas then untoasted malted barley and kelp meal with some fish juice tea… then a couple days later a nice coconut tea then start repeating again… good from seed to harvest…lol…

4 Likes

I’ve cut silica completely from my plants. Have found it to be useless actually.
Let me rephrase that. I don’t buy that liquid stuff. Nuetrient companies will sell people any and everything. And people buy it. All day long. But is silica really needed? Short answer is probably not. Unless you live in a hot area like I do. So I add it via succulent soil blend. But I’m a soil grower. I understand hydro and Coco growing might use liquids.

Silica is just for hot temps. And drought protection

1 Like

Outdoor here in the summer can hit 110F I use it made from rice hulls… I use it because since I have started using it I find my stalks stand up to more wind etc in the summer storm period…I usually just roll the root ball in the fabric pot now and the stalks stay together…lol…

3 Likes

For sure in your case it could be useful. However still yet to be proven. For me in SoCal our RH is around 28% year round. I don’t use evac in my grow. Not do I use Co2. In the summer I breed when temps cross 100 degrees. And grow my yearly flower from Oct to March.

1 Like

110f wow! I get to mid 70’s with my lights on and have trouble keeping it over 70 at dark time even with a heater running in the tent.
It’s getting to -7c about 19f this week outside at night now, house normally drops to 16c (61f) during winter nights.

Glad I picked a cold tolerant stain, was not expecting the cold to hit so early in the year!

2 Likes

I always express the point no grow is the same. In my area I have six tents. All different environments

2 Likes

I am an outdoor grower first… my tent only goes over 78 when it’s 110F out and there is nothing I can do or care to do… usually I S/D from July to September and focus on my outdoor plants…

1 Like

I know how you feel. I broke a main stem once doing some LST. I just about shit bricks. Threw some tape around it and it’s turning out the best plant in flower right now.

3 Likes

I heard “clone”. Lol

2 Likes

Ha I tried to clone, stated but did not last a week. Picked up some root booster stuff for next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure i find Teflon tape works great it streatches as the plant grows and it is super easy to work with

2 Likes