Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Pretty sure my hash god a is growing balls … confirm, please?

7 Likes

Looks like a male to me!

4 Likes

Yep confirmed

5 Likes

Thank you both, @happilyretired and @nacho151 . Sigh. This is gonna be a difficult one to destroy. He’s huge and 126 days old. We were 100% sure he was a she and I can’t even find white hairs anymore. How weird is that. Thanks!

6 Likes

7 Likes

hes-right-you-know-hes-right

6 Likes

Same thing with mine… male :smirk::rage:

5 Likes

I want to know how long you looked at them and waited to see them get bigger before posting the pics. :joy:

7 Likes

Ha! Not long at all! I was gobsmacked! I’m going to chop him now. He’s a goner … less to feed, I guess …

4 Likes

Balls…

I like balls! I like to breed em lol.

7 Likes

Update: Day 130 or 131? Too lazy to go get my journal.

My girls are budding. They are beautiful. Healthy.

The following pics are from Sunday. My cell cam sucks.

These two pics are Hash God:

These three pics are one of my Sky Gods:

These three pics are one of my White Runtz x SkyWalker OG:

Right now they are all being fed Jacks 321 every other day.

Should I be adding something for the buds? I have some Terp Tea bloom and Rising Sun Bloom (samples from our local grow store). I’ve been reading about molasses, malted barley, etc. but I don’t have the energy to do something like that right now. I’d rather just add one of my bloom samples, if anything.

My main concern is the upcoming weather changes with the temps going to 70s and lower and then the Pacific Northwest rains in a couple of weeks or so. I’m planning on covering them from the rain with a canopy I’ve never set up. Or a tarp from the roof. I assume that I’m still looking at another 6-8 weeks … no idea … learning as I go. I’m just going to be working on NOT getting the dreaded bud rot I’ve seen too much about.

So, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 Likes

Well i start to add bloom once i have little m&m sized buds. A lot of people that grow indoors flip the lights to 12/12 and feed bloom nutrients and thats incorrect. I have heard of growers flushing for a couple days before adding bloom nutrients and thats wrong also. I actually feed my grow nutrients into the bloom cycle as well as the bloom nutrients together. I do this for 1.5 weeks then only the bloom parts of my recipe until it finishes. when the plant transitions into flower it needs more nutrients and doing it this way works very well

4 Likes

So, you start adding bloom to your existing feeding schedule for about 1.5 weeks and then you just use bloom for the remaining time? Instead of making a huge jump from regular feeding to bloom and shocking them?

The thing is, I decided to use Jacks 321 because I read that I could just do he same feeding no matter whether the plants are in veg phase or flowering phase to the very end. I did wonder if Part A should be lessened b/c of the nitrogen need not being so strong. But I want to keep it simple as possible. I can see I need to do more research.

I don’t plan on flushing until the very last days before harvesting. God, please let me make it that far!!!

Thanks Preybird! For everything.

5 Likes

Yeah do more research. Some nutrients kits are simple some have 5-7 parts. I just finished testing dutch pro nutrients and they were really pretty good. I did have a cal-mag deficiency because i was using the hardwater soil kit in promix Hp and my sponsored kit did not have any cal-mag. they claimed i didnt need need it. Well i added what i normally use and guess what? Yep the issue was gone and they still said i didnt need it. They asked about my notes and ph,ppms and such and im not telling them anything because they havent even tested there product in coco or promix-Hp. but yet they make and sell [calmag] it? I dont believe what the companies say half the time because i can do it better and ill take pics to prove it. Less is always more.

5 Likes

Spider mites? Beginnings of?

Front/top of leaf

Back/bottom of leaf

A little munching going on, too

Tomorrow, I’m going to use Captain Jack’s Deadbug spinosad powder. I heard using Neem is out of the question during flower. I also have DE but I saw somebody say not to use DE during flower. I don’t believe that. I do believe it about Neem. All in all, my plants still look great. Just some spots and munching. But let’s put a lid on it.

4 Likes

Um just a warning. If those had motes on them and you put that leaf on your pants then its easy to transfer from you to other plants. Plants touching are like leafy bridges for them to infect other plants. Caution. Make sure you have some integrated pest managment going onel.

5 Likes

awww. i used capt j when i had spider mites. i am always over the top when i do stuff. i did peroxide, i did milk and water i did capt jacks. i was going to nuke those bugs 3 weeks from harvest. i even put my plants in the shower. i couldnt smoke any of it because i swore it tasted bad. it didnt it was just me. i cant taste anything.

5 Likes

Right! Thanks for the warning. I knew not to touch the other plants with my hands and clean trimmers when I did a tiny bit of trimming. Pants will be burned. LOL …

I’ve been doing IPM all along with Neem, Mosquito Bits and Yellow stickie traps. Going to switch to the Captain Jacks today.

Your thots on doing DE during flowering? I’m in about week 2 of flowering.

2 Likes

Hi @pptrsha1 - I’m just in week 2 of flowering and won’t be harvesting until October sometime.

Did you have the Capt J’s liquid? I have the powder and it freaks me out to use powder. But I’m gonna. I’ll have to look into peroxide and/or milk. I actually have a very mild solution of peroxide mixed up for another reason that I no longer have the reason for, so I will look into using that, too.

So sad about the taste you perceived!! Ugh … :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

i used the spray. i am not confident enough to use it in a powder form. i fight learning new stuff kicking and screaming. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes