Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

DE is ok during flower at the soil level. I would not use it on flower. Because thats mircro razorblade type stuff. Its really bad to breath. Let alone smoke any of it.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for answering about DE. I have this humungous box I bought due to a flea issue and it did the trick. I sprinkled it all over the house, waited and then vacuumed. Also on the furniture and vacuumed. I think I wore a mask while doing it b/c of the issue of breathing it in. Anyway, so glad I can still use it. Soil level only. :seedling:

6 Likes

Same about learning new stuff!!

4 Likes

Update and another surprise Hash God BOY!!

Friday, September 10th Day 140

Hash God Girl:

Hash God Girl Buds

White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #1

White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #1 Buds

White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #2

White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #2 Buds

White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #2 Buds Closer

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I may have gone overboard on trimming White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #2 … how bad is it? What more should or could I do? I keep thinking it’s gonna get cold and rainy any day now and I want to beat any potential bud rot. I’m scared to death of bud rot. Was it bad to trim so much of this? If not, can I go ahead and do the others? LOL

Not sure why I didn’t take pics of my two Sky God gals … I’ll add those in a new post later. They are bigger than these three gals.

So, I had ten plants total when I started, thanks to @PreyBird1 … then I chopped two males down and gave two females to a friend so that I can remain with my legal limit of six plants. Well, one of my Hash God ‘females’ turned out to be all male. Not sure how we missed that. @OlyBoy came over and helped me sex them and he sent pics to the forum and we all agreed on the gender.

I went to visit my friend yesterday to see how she is tending to the two I gave her. And, to my horror, my jaw dropped to find yet another of the Hash Gods was now a male, not one female pistol to be seen. How did we miss that? LOL. So, I told her she had to chop it post haste!!! Her remaining plant is a White Runtz x SkyWalker OG female, all female. Here are pics of the Hash God male:

I was like OH MY GOD, when I saw this:

Close up of Hash God BALLS:

And this is a cutting we took to remind ourselves:

This new hobby is a blast and I love the twists and turns I’m taking every week. Not sure where I’m at in my first grow, am I two weeks away? Four weeks? 6? I don’t see rain in the forecast but today was sure a very dark and cloudy day … so it’s coming … I’m planning on putting up a canopy over my five girls. They have no other place to go. Yes, they are in grow bags, but I ain’t taking them inside. Just watch me take them inside. Sigh.

And, to top it off, the fun continues as the power company is asking me to leave my gate unlocked next week so that they can just prance in and change my meter out. No day given, no time given, just sometime next week. The meter is just a foot over the top of White Runtz x SkyWalker OG #1 … this just cracks me up … I guess we can just put them on the other side of the laundry/pantry extension wing, but it’s just mere steps around to find these babies. I’m legal, but that doesn’t mean the power company guys aren’t gonna come back or tell their friends what they saw and their friends come back in the middle of the night. Gates WILL be padlocked again, but still.

Well … that’s my update … oh, I think I have the pests thing under control. I’ll keep it up and I’ll surely continue to look for any other strange occurrences (can you say HERMIE? Ha!).

Thanks for popping in and for making it this far, if you did …

I hate tagging because I hate leaving out people who have helped me along the way, but I’ll try … @LoCoRocK @happilyretired @mudman @bobette @treetrunks @wayno @nacho151 @Slym3r @sssportsmfg @pptrsha1 @Jimhigh66 @KevGrows @repins12 @TheMadFlascher and last, but not least @OlyBoy and @PreyBird1

Samantha aka Chris :grimacing: :seedling: :green_heart:

17 Likes

LoL…it’s like impossible to trim these things to death. 4 days …no - 3 days you won’t even know you even trimmed it. No sweat sweet stuff :wink:!
And by the way…look at all them balls girl!!! Be careful keeping him in the same county as your girls. :joy: I’m kiddo kinda! Ive had ones(males) 100’ aways from my shed of girls and been fine. But I’m a idiot so if you listen to me it’s your fault for whatever happens. You haven’t known me long enough but I’m like the absolute worst grower in here. It’s like I try and sabotage my grows so I learn my lesson ya know!! Because: Ā) I can only absorb info if I fuck it up!
2) Learnings is fun!!
Anyways I won’t lie…your post was really long so I kinda just breezed it… :rofl: But that’s all I got!!! LoL :neutral_face:
Chris aka Loco

9 Likes

Lol loco. I learn lots by fucking it up. But i also like to break new shit for free. Better when its expensive.

8 Likes

@1sttimegrower yeah the trims a little excessive but it will be ok. How did you miss the nuts?

3 Likes

The Hash God with nuts was no longer in my possession. When I gave that plant to my friend, it was a female. And it’s not even a hermie. I couldn’t find one white pistol anywhere. We cut off several pieces to study it looking for female parts. None. But I’ll tell you, there were white pistols when I gave her the plant. It was confirmed by folks in this forum.

And, thanks for the trimming critique. Good to know. I kind knew it. LOL. That’s why I stopped with just one.

4 Likes

Yeah i havent had any hermies on any of my lines. But ill tell ya these plants can fool ya. They still trick me still.

4 Likes

That male plant is over ten miles away at my friend’s house, whom I gave it to. I hope she chopped it to pieces today. She said she would. This is her first grow, too, and I’m trying to help her along with it. She has helped me get rid of bad boyfriends now for over ten years. Heh. I owe her big time.

Too bad you missed the part in my post about the power company. It’s a crazy situation. No biggie. You have better things to do. LOL

3 Likes

Here are the Sky Gods I forgot to share pics of …

But first, here is what the power company is going to be up against when they replace the meter … LOL

Sky God #1

Sky God #1 Buds

Sky God #1 Closeup

Sky God #2

Sky God #2 Buds

Sky God #2 Closeup

Sky God #2 Closeup

11 Likes

Giirrl!! Reading your post I was cracking up! Love your writing and enthusiasm!!
I get not wanting peeps in your area. It happens. But, too help with the paranoia, just stay in your limits. Get a big dog… lol
I would tell them I need a specific time to let them in or make arrangements. That’s BS! Another idea invest in a cheap camera or monitor.
Yes a bit heavy on the trim. But, we’ve all had to learn. Just think not too much to finish trimming… lol
My has Hash God turned male as well. Boys seem to have won in that strain…:roll_eyes:
Once you see those balls you never forget.:thinking::rofl:

For your first grow you’re doing great!
My first was in my foyer…1 plant, called Batman. Many years ago. You want to talk pitiful…
Like prey said, we learn by our mistakes, we all have made them. I’m old, so I have a long list, Lol :laughing:
Enjoy your weekend! :green_heart::v:

9 Likes

Looks like someone needs some vinyl flowers or plastic tomatoes. LoL

6 Likes

Thanks, @bobette - always good to hear from you!

I actually have beware of the dog signs on my fence/gates and I haven’t had a dog in 12 years. I watched a documentary once where some prisoners were saying that if they even thot there was a dog at a residence, they’d move onto the next house.

Great weekend! Went to the beach for three nights. Really needed that. Feeds my soul. But glad to be home again!

4 Likes

Okay, so I left town for 3 nights and of course the rains began on the last day while I was on my way home. My boyfriend put them into the shed as soon as he could. I had been hoping to build them a shelter before the rains began. Sigh.

I would have been fine with them getting rained on for ONE day but not the three days that rain is expected. It should get warm and sunny again on Monday. We will build that shelter or a tarp to keep them outside but in the sun but out of the rains. My biggest fear is bud rot. Ugh.

We just brought the two smallest plants into the house to give the three in the shed more airy space. And we left the door open to the shed.

Maybe leaving them outside would be best and just watch for rot? If you don’t know about the rains up here, then you’ll never understand.

By the time I got home, I checked them and they didn’t seem wet. My bf had shaken them before putting them in the shed.

I don’t know. I just don’t know what to do next. I’m tired from my travels. I’ll deal with it tomorrow. But any suggestions would be quite welcome at this time. I thot I had more time. Nope.

4 Likes

based on the pics of the SkyGod from 7 days ago, I think you have plenty of airflow and I wouldn’t be TOO terribly concerned about bud rot as of now.

But if you are brining a few inside at night, or sticking them in a shed, then I’d place a small fan nearby to keep air moving/circulating around the plants.

And I think they’ll be great!

5 Likes

We were too freaked out about the hard showers to take them outside until yesterday. So, we took your advice and put a small fan to keep air moving while they were stuck inside the pantry. They weren’t touching, they had a lot of space between them, but still. They are happily outside now and we are going to put up a tarp for future rains. THANKS!!

3 Likes

Update. Day 149 (yesterday) pics. If I’m counting from when they started flowering or budding, I’d say they were about 29 days old in that phase … outdoor grow.

Here are pics of Hash God (flash on):

7 Likes

Update. Day 149 (yesterday) pics. White Runtz x SkyWalker og

Here are pics of White Runtz x SkyWalker og #1:

Here are pics of White Runtz x SkyWalker og #2:

6 Likes

Update. Day 149 (yesterday) pics. Sky God

Here are pics of Sky God #1:

Pics of Sky God #2:

7 Likes