Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Have to include the last of my tomatos and peppers!!

Serranos

Anaheim Chiles

Jalapenos

Cayennes

Sweet Cherries - I defoliate the hell out of my tomatos

6 Likes

Okay, so a couple of questions about the tiny buds (larf?) … those tiny buds nearest to the main stems. Should I be removing them? Or do I give them a chance to get bigger, as they have as much sun exposure as any other part of the plant the way I’ve done my weird training. I just wonder if they are taking energy away from the main cola buds.

9 Likes

If they’re getting sun leave them. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

They may fill in with maturity, I wouldn’t remove any of them myself…

6 Likes

This question is right up my also a question alley… so glad you asked because I honestly forgot I was even doing it. So what did I do about it you ask? This grow in particular I have 2 plants same strain that I am defoling one tremendously and not so much the other. I want to see this “lollipop” difference for myself in action. Notice lollipop in these marks"""". They were called quotation marks when I was younger but I’m not sure these days since numbers signs aren’t that no More. I’m also pretty sure this - is called a lick mark now too. But these { } are still mustache marks I’m sure of. LoL
And in my closing statements I’d like to point the jury to these lovely specimens of peppers, maters & Mary Jane… Cool aid guy says - Oh Yeah thank you for the pics I feel as if I’m floating in natural goodness Mrs.1stX… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you, they are, so I’m leaving them.

I’m keeping them and think they may mature, too. Thank you.

Thank you, Mr LoCo!

4 Likes

Update … day 1000 (joke) … really around Day 155 or so …

The rains :cloud_with_rain: have begun up here in the PNW and there aren’t going to be many sunny :sun_with_face: or warm days, if any. The weather forecast assured me that it would be warm and sunny until October 3rd … liars!! It started today and there are DAYS ahead of showers/rain/light rain/few showers … they have all SORTS of names for rain up here.

Yesterday, on our last nice sunny and warm day, Mr.1stTG and I put up a tarp lean-to to keep the girls from being drenched, but still allows plenty of sun and air. The only thing we are worried about now is wind :wind_face: . When it rains (pouring rain), we just move the outer two under the tarp and they still get light, just more indirect. Here are pics:

Laugh all you want LOL … I’ll be damned if I get the dreaded bud rot.

Sure hope we only have a couple of weeks of this. It’s time for me to research whether I should stop feeding and flush and/or when. I’ve bought supplies for the harvest … trays, jars, etc. Then it’s on to harvesting, trimming, washing, hanging, etc. probably just the same way @OlyBoy taught me handson … so looking forward to the end and the beginning … :green_heart: :seedling: :scissors: :smoking: :peace_symbol: :bluntparrot:

Thanks for checking in!

14 Likes

You look prepared to me. What is the rh during that stretch? Man, when I hear bud rot my anxiety starts creeping in. Good luck @1sttimegrower.

6 Likes

No idea. LOL. I don’t ever check. I did buy some little rh meters for the jars if/when I get that far. And I have one from a library archive preservation course I took. I’ll set that one out to check. @OlyBoy always knows the humidity readings up here. It can get pretty high, according to him, and random jumps. Thanks!!

4 Likes

i myself love the day 1000 update. i would have left it alone and see who got it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I felt like I was sounding like a whiny butt with that day 1000 comment … and my whining wasn’t so much about how long the grow is taking (well, some …), it’s mostly about the rains and the dark and the gloom and I dread it arriving here every damn year. And this year, the rains I dread are also affecting my first grow. I don’t know why I live up here in the winter. Well, because I’m not well off and can’t be a snowbird.

But it sure is lovely up here from July to September +/- a few days or weeks outside of those months. My boyfriend keeps telling me that with climate change, we’re gonna have it made up here while we watch everybody else suffer. Ha!

Oh, and with the dark gloom comes football and salmon viewing, so … I’ve got that …

4 Likes

i hate the cold. if i didnt have kids and grands here i would have bolted years ago. every time i pick a state to move to it either gets a hurricane or some crazy thing like it might sink into the ocean. so i am stuck here in the mufflehead state. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, watching the Seahawks this year is like watching the Mariners every single year.

5 Likes

Right!!! We had such hope after that one win … sigh … but this is why I still have the Oklahoma Sooners as backup and a little bit of UW Huskies for football needs. Sooners have great promise. I lived in Norman for ten years, so it’s in my blood. I can’t do baseball or basketball; too slow and too squeaky LOL

5 Likes

OMG… I’m stealing that. I hate basketball it’s too squeeky!! Lmao so hard!! That’s why hockey is the best sport. They stand for the anthem and it’s fast paced. That’s what it’s all about!! The standing I mean.lol
Heres the aftermath btw…I couldn’t get a great pic or find where the hell that other post was…but the bits of sheen are ickys…

5 Likes

Steal away. That squeaky thing DRIVES ME CRAZY! Also, you only have to watch the last two minutes, really. Back and forth, back and forth and then something exciting happens in the last minute. Ha! My boyfriend loves basketball and used to coach middle school kids. I just can’t. I’ll watch hockey, but I’ve never lived anywhere that had a team, so I have no dog in the race, or whatever that saying is … horse? My ex husband was from Chicago, so you should know the one team that I’ve ever cheered for. Actually, my boyfriend is from Chicago, too, so, double that cheer … I just can’t follow that PUCK!! And you really only watch for the fights, right? :wink:

4 Likes

Too funny…I hate basketball for the same reason…waste a hour, shheeez just watch the last 2 mins !!!

6 Likes

Yes BUT… the last 2 minutes of a basketball game can literally last an hour. LoL you are spot on though, it all happens in the very end of the game. Another reason for me is Lebron, he needs to play the game and stop with his political views and “life lessons” … I’d hate to say it but he says some pretty racist shit once in a blue moon. Proof is in the pudding

3 Likes

lol well now you got me worrying it’s too soon again. Lets see I got my clones 5 days after you planted your seeds, and they looked a little bigger than yours on May 17th, so that should put me about 20 days ahead + I didn’t do any training and they’ve been pretty stressed so another week?
I think I can buy that I’m ~27 days ahead of ya, and lets see you’re at least in your 5th week of flowering right? So I should be harvesting about now. Lets just not compare yields.

5 Likes

finally got a Rh reading for the day you asked (I’m slow) of 65:

5 Likes