Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Wow. You did your homework on the comparison of our grow timeline. I agree that you’re probably about a month ahead of me. Sounds about right for me to be in 5th week of flowering or so. Has anybody replied as to whether you were ready of not?

I finally took some sorta decent pics of my trichomes. It’s hard to learn and I could do a lot better. Not everybody checks trichomes for harvest ready. I don’t know enough not to so I’m gonna keep practicing taking pics of trichomes and post the best ones here for experienced growers to advise on, or rather, those who can read a trichome pic. LOL

Good luck!!

6 Likes

Well skimmed looking for pics and used those dates, (nice bird btw) but thanks, and no, I’m just going to hope someone would have said something, my fritter mints really feels past ready. No, I was going to look for amber trichomes but then I read that some varieties don’t even really get amber trichomes? Either way I got them in a dark room buckets all ready for budwash, just kinda procastinating on the axe :frowning:

6 Likes

Well, I know some peeps here who go by gut feeling on when to chop. I say if you can’t tell by trichs or advice, go do what feels right. I’ve been told many a time to do what I feel I should do and it’s always worked out for me. It’s nice to get others’ opinions and advice and suggestions, but ultimately I have to choose which way to go in the end. The help here is invaluable to me in so many ways even when I don’t follow advice, it’s still so very informative to hear it and to have choices. You’ve got this! Can’t wait to see your harvest! EDIT: I can’t ever tell if GN is replying to a person or not. This was for @squidypie and I’d love to know what your name means. Mine is so effen boring and I’m hoping to be able to change it b/c I won’t be a first time grower forever. I mean, how boring can a name be? I just had NO idea I’d make it this far back when I first got here and tried to revive 20+ year old seeds LOLOL

8 Likes

Thanks but I’m a murderer I chopped my beautiful plants, and for what? I don’t even smoke pot! The name’s just a troll thing, a disgusting food I can pretend to like and suggest other people eat. And hey, think of how impressed people will be with you in 5 years “wow 1sttimegrower sure knows a lot”, it’s good to self handicap. Like when scotty says the engines are giving all they got at 80% or when someone bumps their head very hard.
I’m hopeful but not expecting that much from my harvest the plants had a tough life just glad they had a few days in the direct sun below 90 before… :’(

6 Likes

So I gotta ask…you still scared of failure 1st timer? Can’t be actually scared anymore. We told ya you got this in no time. You definitely done well no doubts. That last pic has the stalk of a Sequoia and you have like 3 - 6 footers to boot, very nice indeed.

5 Likes

Damn sure does!

4 Likes

@1sttimegrower you have the right idea. Just remember that clear triches have very mild effect when smoking. Some ambers indate a mild high as well. Not couch locked but a little more energy as well as mild high.

6 Likes

LOL … not really scared, but still paranoid that something can go wrong. That’s how I live. Expect the worst, hope for the best. Because of you folks, I’ve come a lot farther than I ever thot I would. To tell the truth, I didn’t ever really plan on growing, I was just trying to see if my ancient seeds would even germinate. Even Mr. 1stTG is amazed at the plants. But then I read horror stories here of things going wrong right before harvest, during harvest/drying/curing whatnot. ACK!!

I am so close SOOOO close to actually having enough weed to smoke and to gift. Never been here before.

Really interested in shroom making, btw … are you the expert here? I have a close friend who has a jar of whatever (spores?) and a book. That’s as far as we’ve gotten. I know there is somebody here who is an expert, but can’t remember who. Hope you are enjoying yourself!

6 Likes

I’ve been taking trich pics for days now and finally narrowed several down to ‘presentable’ for sharing here hoping to get anybody’s expert knowledge on what they see … I still have a lot more practicing to do to do better with the pics:

Sky God

Sky God

I included this one b/c I’m seeing the tips of the leaves on this Hash God turning reddish/purple. So excited to see the colors!

9 Likes

You have a beautiful plant growing. I would give her 1 to 2 weeks. The more amber trichs the more couch lock effect.

4 Likes

What I couldn’t tell is are the trichs clear or have they moved into milky mode? Or both? I don’t think I see amber ones. Is it true that it’s time when there are more cloudy than clear and just a few ambers?

Thank you so much for looking and commenting. I really couldn’t go wrong with @PreyBird1 's beans and the help of so many peeps here. Well I could have LOL … you are growing Sky Gods, too, yes?

4 Likes

When you harvest is a perssersonl decision. 0.

4 Likes

Well, I want couchlock but since this is my first time, that’s what I’m trying to learn, when do the trichs say “it’s couchlock time!” LOL … to tell the truth, I don’t know what I want. Whenever I buy at the recreational store, they ask and I say I want to be able to sleep but have a nice high first. But I answer that way b/c I can’t afford everything I want, only what I need (sleep - I have terrible isomnia). Now that I’m growing, I can learn how to provide whatever I want and whatever I need for myself. Can’t. wait. It’ll all work out. It’s a lifelong process, I’m seeing.

4 Likes

Yeah let them go more. its at least a week. If not more.

2 Likes

I’ve done the entire growing shrooms things but not no more. It’s weed or bust for me. It might be ladythief in here, search up the topic. Unfortunately @CoyoteCody doesn’t grace us with his presence anymore but he’s a shroom growing kingpin boss. I’m pretty sure he has a thread in here as a matter of fact definitely over on lgm. Hold on brb
BINGO

I’m not the biggest shroom fan… lol don’t get me wrong I’ll eat them if I see but sidney is my preference.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve read SO many threads in here, old and new, searching for jewels of wisdom. Yes, I’ve found many jewels. I may have bookmarked that person when I saw shrooms mentioned.

Not sure, but I think Oregon made shrooms legal in some way. So my friend got her stuff from Oregon. Should be interesting. I truly believe in the powers of psychedelics in certain areas of behavioral health. I haven’t done any in over 30 years but would like to experience it again.

5 Likes

Well let’s do it. All I need is an excuse I’ll help you with as much research as I can… lmao :rofl: be happy to send ya paper if ya need it. Stuff is like $10/15 hit now. I use to get a book for 5 bills. - that’s 10 sheets - Days of long ago. I’m way over die for a good trip . I have some orange and blue gels that ppl are saying are out of this world. I haven’t had one yet. But I got some blotter too that’s more my pace … especially when I’m taking it at work . Lol

7 Likes

i have to share the advice i was given when i was expecting to make a haul on my first grow. i was told " dont count your bud til its in your bong" :rofl:

8 Likes

Words to live by… none truer have been spoke. That is a mighty fine piece of advice there pluckem!!! Go get em 1st timer .

5 Likes

Pretty sure I found bud rot on my plants this evening. It was dark then so I got a flashlight and identified a few buds and chopped them off. Tomorrow, I’m chopping my Hash God and putting the other four into the dark to chop next. I’d been flushing for about 4 days now. I don’ t have pics yet. But I’ve seen pics of bud rot on this site and it’s bud rot. Only about 4 colas had it on the bud at the end of the cola.

Any quick SOS fixes to stop it in its tracks until I can get them chopped? Spray with peroxide water mix? I chopped the pieces that had it, but that doesn’t mean I got it all. I didn’t.

4 Likes