Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

I have a lot to add to end this grow journal. Weights, pics of jars full of buds, tastes … yes, I’ve ‘tasted’ all three … really good and it will only get better with a longer cure. I’ve also been making my first canna budders and a canna honey (for my hot toddies). I’m hoping to bake with the budder this weekend, as I’ve been very busy.

Back later! Miss you all!!

8 Likes

Nice :partying_face::woman_cook::woman_cook::clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

Greg Dulli … man, so much to say. I’m a lyric gurl (ooh, now that could be part of my new moniker …) and it’s his lyrics that pulled me in, but the man is a performer to the max. I’m attaching one of my favorite live videos that shows the extent he’ll go for his audience. His voice was a bit of a wreck at the time and he was in his ‘fat Elvis’ phase in this video, but if you can make it to the 6 minute mark, you’ll see what gets us to follow him like lunatics. Note that his mom is in the balcony and he stops to say ‘hi momma’ to her and this just kills me, as a mother. He’s a bad boy/good boy … also, I’m pretty sure he is smoking a joint at the piano … he talks about it being a ‘creeper’ high somewhere else in the show.

Another favorite, this time for the naughty lyrics

Haven’t seen him since 2018 … stupid effen Covid. Had tickets to shows in 2020 and again in 2021 that he ended up having to cancel. Besides not being able to see my kids during most of 2020, not seeing Dulli was the second worst thing, even worse than losing my job due to Covid. #priorities … Really looking forward to live music in 2022 !!!

Okay, gotta go finish up my weed pics for this grow and move onto a new grow.

3 Likes

I just placed her in soil with some nutes to kick out the jams…

And she’s yours for an indoor plant in a week or two.

3 Likes

What the hell is wrong with my phone today?

3 Likes

Woohoo!!! I can’t wait to try the houseplant phase of all of this. I have my own sickly looking clones that I told you about from this grow. Sky God grew excellent roots, but Hash God and White Runtz x SkyWalker OG didn’t grow even one! But they are still green and alive. So weird. I have them up in a sunny window for now. I may have to pick your brain on how to grow them as houseplants until it’s time … your helpfulness has already been the best I’ve ever had. Thank you so very much and see you soon!

3 Likes

Okay, final pics, weights, buds, hygrometers, cure

Group Photo of Curing Phase

Hash God Harvest Curing 76g

Sky God A Harvest Curing 76 g

Sky God B Harvest Curing 46 g

White Runtz x SkyWalker og Harvest Curing 94g - two plants merged

Hash God Buds

White Runtz x SkyWalker og Buds

Shiny Bud

It’s been quite the ride … thank you all and see you soon!!

11 Likes

New toy and first joint I ever rolled, even though I needed this contraption LOL now all I need to do is learn how to include the tip thingies

6 Likes

First canna budder I ever made and also first rice crispie treats … now, I have to say that I NEED to figure out the dosing better because I got ‘weird’ when I quite possibly overdosed on the edibles. Once with some cannahoney I made for my hot toddies (two hot toddies is fine, three is a big no no from now on - I got weird stomach cramping) and then night before last, when I made the rice crispy treats, I may have ‘sampled’ too much and got even weirder symptoms - stomach ache, dizziness and really out of it … I’m no expert at edibles and maybe just stick with smoking/vaping/etc. at least until I figure out the dosing situation. Those two times were not a fun time.

1 oz trim and 1 lb butter

Three hours of simmering

Then I used a potato ricer lined with cheesecloth to drain. Placed drained ‘budder’ into fridge. Next day, cut a hole in middle and drained the water out.

Yum!

5 Likes

Just put the little paper “crutch” on the end. Roll it up first then put it at an end. Fill next to it with bud and roll it up. Takes a couple times to get it down. To tight too loose. You will see what i mean. Man my friends dad in vegas is a badass. His kid was rolling a joint and kept hitting bumps and was complaining about his dads driving. And his dad say give me that mess. And no shit his dad rolled in in one smooth motion in 1 hand driving a stick shift! I about died FOR REAL! He was a weed god!

5 Likes

Last are pics of my half hearted attempt to grow clones from the three strains I got from @PreyBird1 … kinda did it late during flowering even tho it was advised against LOL … just cut some while defoliating and threw them into some existing soil with rooting stuff and left outside for a few weeks. No idea how they lived being neglected like they were, but finally transplanted them into solo cups and found that only the Sky God had rooted, and rooted well. The other two? No roots to be seen, but still green and still alive. Now they are inside in a sunny window area. So, we shall see …

From left to right: Hash God; White Runtz x Skywalker og; Sky God

7 Likes

Those speckles on the leaves sure look like thrip bite marks. Id be inspecting them before putting them by any other plants. You may be accidentally bringing pest into your grow.

6 Likes

CRAP! How did I not notice this? So, I tried to look closer with my cell joule thingy and my new endoscope (that I’m going to return). There is a lot of dirt like things on the bottom of the leaves, but the plants have fallen over a few times, so it could just be soil. Nothing crawling around or moving. I washed off the leaves and added DE to the top of the soil. All my other pest management stuff has been put away for Winter, but I’ll dig the neem out or the spinosad tomorrow.

For now, no new grow, so all should be well. I do have a crapload of houseplants these are near. I’ll take everything apart tomorrow and check the houseplants. I’ve been needing to dust and redo that area anyway. It’s a little out of control. These plants were from my work office that I no longer have.

Thanks, @PreyBird1 for pointing this out. I’m on it now …

5 Likes

So, here’s something that is bothering me. During all my trimming, drying, curing, etc. I never saw any kief … what am I missing?

Also, considering buying Boveda or Intregra for my jars. Any thoughts on those? Pros and/or cons of either type or another type? And is 62% the way to go, not 55%? I’m leaning towards the Integra paks.

At some point, I’m going to have to consider long term storage, unless I go crazy with my intake or give some away or bake a lot … still trying to see what I feel comfortable with while I wait to do another grow.

5 Likes

When you have a pound of it, it tends to not make it a year. LoL I wouldn’t worry too much :relaxed: . Plus your baking and cooking with it too now. Them jars be good for that long even, if not a gallon bag works dandy. If you have an Amazon gift card burning a hole them canisters like prey got I’ve heard mentioned several X’s now. I’ve never bought the integra but they all do the same thing and you’ll mostly see the 62’s around here. Don’t use them till your done burping the jars. A big congrats :blush: on the Booty. :boom:🪅 :tada: It shall be a most bountiful Holiday. The grow gods have been joyous this year… LeT Us FeAsT then Smoke like KinG$!!! We about to get Volcanic up in here.
??? Your 1st joint like ever ever EVER rolled… not w a machine or anything? That’s crazy talk¿¡

3 Likes

First SUCCESSFUL roll. I had a machine years ago that I never could figure out. I tried rolling by hand and nope. This was truly my first successful rolled joint and it took a machine which I’m okay with.

Isn’t it the other way around? LOL

I’ll have to look into what @PreyBird1 is using. Is it those metal canisters? One thing I don’t want to do is mix my three strains in one large container. I do mix the trim and the little jar of smoke next to me is all three mixed. LOL

3 Likes

What the cvaults. There awesome! I love cvaults. I have 5. I even have the new twist!

This is the mini twist. Air tight, light tight, smell tight.

7 Likes

Know what I like about those little mesh bags? You can see how far the roots have progressed unlike with the plastic cups unless you do the clear inside of the opaque ones. Plus you get automatic root trimming so they make a denser root system to start with. I was gonna get some of those a long while ago then just plain forgot lol.

5 Likes

:notes::notes: what’s going on :notes:
:notes: C’mon talk to me :notes::notes:
So you can see
:notes: What’s going on :notes::notes:

3 Likes

So, is this what the forum is like when everybody is done harvesting (except for the crazy indoor winter growers :grimacing: LOL)?

Really looking forward to Feb/Mar when I start new beans!!! :seedling:

I’m in the market for a used tent :tent: and any devices that should go with a tent (lights :flashlight: , fans :wind_face: , etc.) but I’m very frugal :moneybag: and not going into debt :flyingmoneyparrot: to do this. I prefer to grow outside, but our growing season is so SHORT. Ugh. Why do I live here? Can’t believe I used to live in sunny :sunny: Southern California and wasn’t a gardener :sunflower: yet … grew up down there … miss the sun :sun_with_face: and miss the warmth.

ANYWAY … so, I have four jars and 2 or 3 of them are settled pretty well in the 55% rH maybe going to 57 or 58 sometimes. I’m thinking that burping phase is just about over and it’s almost time to throw in the Integra packs. About those … why do they jump in size from 8 gram to 67 gram?? Why no in between? I have to do math now, the final harvest yield and how many packets to put in each jar.

Hope everybody is doing well … I’m just hoping to get thru the holidays (not a fan) and thru the worst of the dark :cloud_with_rain:, dreary, rainy :sun_behind_rain_cloud:, cold and back to gardening as soon as I can. I also need to get a job. I lost my job of 18 years to Covid closures and I ain’t getting that job back. I’ve worked since I was 14. Time to get back to work. Gotta get my work mojo back.

I guess I’m just blathering now. Any tips on using Integra packs, your experience, how you use them, whatever, much appreciated!!!

Nice seeing ya, Loco …

6 Likes