Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Nice mowing lawn fixing busted sprinkler

2 Likes

You just never get a day off, do you!!

2 Likes

Lol well today is my day off lol. I washed 2 dogs. Mowed the lawn, fixed the sprinklers. Im tired now.

3 Likes

Well, thank your lucky stars you don’t have to wash the cats!! LOL … take a nice break. You deserve it. I just read about your motorcycle crash last night. Take good care!

2 Likes

Yeah not everyone knows or understands

3 Likes

I’ve seen it alluded to a couple of times before seeing one of the more detailed threads from when it happened, so I hope it’s okay that I mentioned it. I’m sure you know how loved and appreciated you are here, based on that thread alone!! I don’t know how old you are (I can mention age b/c I’m oldish LOL), but recuperation from things like that don’t happen overnight for any age. Again, I’m sure you know that. So, take a break and a toke!

3 Likes

Yep im a landspeed racer and sportbike circuit racer. I raced for many years professionally. Im 45. And i have had 7 motorcycle crashes 3 vehicle crashes. 3 TBI’s im a walking miracle. I had 9 lives for real now there spent. But i just keep on plugging along i never give up and i never quit! Im an old eagle scout!

I have every merit badge possible. I was raised to give a shit, work hard, and help people. To live like the old pioneers and preserve and can food. My mom was seamstress and made our clothes we were dirt poor like on church welfare and i started working when i was 8yrs old delivering newspapers to help mom and dad feed us 7 strapping boys. I have Been on my own since i was 17.

15 Likes

45 you are a puppy lol. 70 here and an Eagle scout too. Never raced bikes, but still ride one.

Did you get order of the arrow also?

Very nice accomplishment for sure !!

7 Likes

I did…i buried it with my father. :pensive: he was a huge scouting fan!

10 Likes

i cooked my seeds

Yay for Scouts. My son is an Eagle Scout and I was a den mother and all that. My ex-husband was an Eagle Scout. I think that’s really great that you gave your Order of the Arrow to your dad to keep him company. Scouting is very special in our family. My son is now 27 and well on his way to being successful with his life.

4 Likes

Yep scouts making boys into honorable men.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I’m somewhere in between y’all’s ages … I’ll leave it at that. Congrats on being an Eagle Scout. No small feat.

3 Likes

Its becsuse this guy here was so fun. And a die hard scout!

I just cropped me out. Thanks dad. I use your watering can everyday!.

14 Likes

April 22 Update & Pics & Questions - not in that order

SkyGod took off bigtime today. As of this morning, the first popped bean also disengaged itself from its seed hull. I extra gently planted it and it’s thriving. I threw the seed hull in, too (pics below)

Do I keep clear plastic dome on and the little thingy that closes on the top of it … keep it closed or open? No heating pad involved (pics below)

When do I feed? I’m thinking SkyGod is getting hungry the way it’s going. One is out and one is very close to being out (pic below)

With dome, the lights are about 2" above; without dome, about 4" … how close should lights be? They don’t feel hot to the touch from 2" (pics below)

Seeing that seed apart from the tap root this morning freaked me out and all I could think of was having to tell @PreyBird1 that I killed one of his beans by leaving it in the wet paper towel too long.

Anyway, any help on the light distance and the dome, etc. is very appreciated! I usually take the dome off my tomatos when they become full fledged seedlings with leaves, but one one of these has any semblance of leaves, so …

4 Likes

I told you they go a little crazy. There wild! Nice.

1 Like

Sorry to hear he passed. We never got an actual arrow, just the patch. Did you do the ceremony with the tap out when you got it? Anyway looks like we have lots of scouts and parents of on here. That’s a good thing!

3 Likes

I would keep the lid on for now to keep the RH up for the babies. And I would raise the light a few more inches. Maybe 6-9 inches above the top of the seedlings? Not sure what the consensus will be for that question.

Same with these plants here.

1 Like

Congrats on the newborns. Love them well you shall!
Prey has heard plenty about his wreck…last wreck Im talking about so he surely has heard it before, from many of us. God awful and lucky to be walking …again… sorta. LoL
As prey mentioned it’s exactly what you thought, just moving up to bigger pots once ya have a great root system bulking up. Great whites not that expensive and little goes a hella long way. Funny story - my cap somehow got crushed in shipping and the tinfoil seal opened. When I excitedly ripped open the package my entire God dang kitchen looked like a fire extinguisher went off. LoL didn’t loose much and got another jar sent.

5 Likes