Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

I have two autos and transplanted both twice one is bigger then my photoperiods with huge colas covered in trics so i dont know if i believe all this forever home from the start you just have to be smart and on top of things as monkey man said. Everyone is different and everyone grows differently you ask a question youll probably get 5 answers and im not saying any of them are wrong. (: if you are strapped for time make sure you give the dirt a good amount of perlite the roots like to breathe on autos especially and go ahead and drop in their forever home. If you have time and check on them daily it wouldnt hurt to do a few differently and see what works for you. But your running different strains so each will grow a little different as it is. Wish you the best!

11 Likes

I haven’t been able to give as much time as I’d like to with my grow, so I need to plant in their forever homes for now. Not sure I can do it smart. I forget so much these days. I did give them lots of mycorrhiza!!
And @repins12 - one of these days I’ll transplant when I know I’m on top of things.
@franklinfarmer - I’ve made that mistake, too.
@Mark0427 - edibles do work for me, but I don’t get a great high. I need to work on my dosing. I’ve heard that some people’s metabolisms just won’t work with edibles, etc. I get high but I would like to be as high af now and then. The shrooms worked when I did the Lemon Tek version. Big time. I’m too swamped in life to try something new but I’d like to try coco one of these years.
@cloudkandy - so true about everyone being different and how one grow can be so different from another. But I am strapped for time, so they went into their grow bags this evening. Great soil and perlite. I would like to experiment some day. Beautiful plants!
Thanks, guys (and gals? - you never know!)

8 Likes

Photo dump from seeds in paper towels that I let the taproot grow too long, a strange seed formation, their final homes and my preying mantis egg case lol cross fingers.

7 Likes

forever home…

I have loved running different strains and running same strains, and it’s great that the outcome has never been what I’ve expected. Plants are gonna plant. :rofl:

finally. We’re mixing things up. :laughing:

omg! Did you buy that here? I want one! did you know you can buy tupperware containers full of ladybugs at eastside urban garden center?

7 Likes

Fred Meyers!! 7.99. Last year the package had three egg cases and I was too cheap to get them. This year, one egg case for 7.99. Who’s the fool here? LOL

LOLOL … so funny that you noticed that term so many times! Ha

4 Likes

No, but I’ve seen the packages at Fred Meyers in the same selling spot as the praying mantis. I’ve always heard ladybugs just fly away to the neighbor’s yards. LOL. Probably what my praying mantises will do … BYE MOM … thanks!

6 Likes

Welp. I’m going to Freddie’s tomorrow!

I’ve really liked watching @ravenchief and his mantises over the past couple summers…

I saw my first few dragonflies a couple days ago. I should get a few landing on my plants soon.

That’s a mixed blessing. I guess it would mean that all your neighbors have better pests for your new found friends. I’m still gonna get at last one mantis nest.

8 Likes

I blame @ravenchief too. I love his videos and those mantises!!!

There were 5-6 left at the Tumwater Freddy’s last Friday. Good luck!!

Haven’t seen a dragonfly yet. I love them, too!!!

I’m coming into my happy space with this weather. HAPPY space. :green_heart:

8 Likes

Did you know back with the dinosaurs there was like 2’ wingspan dragonfly’s… LoL could you imagine! Them killer wasps get like 2" and they look big for chriminny sakes! Yup! Congrats on the forever homes :grin:

8 Likes

LOL, LoCo the mosquitos only had 16" wingspans !

You want to see a scary one, look up ‘Tarantula Wasps’ sometimes called Tarantula Hawks

6 Likes

Holy shit @TheMadFlascher, just read up on it. They grow 3-5 inches long.

7 Likes

I’ve had the opportunity to come across them a few times in my life.
As a kid in high school, I worked at a horse ranch on weekends/ summers.
LOL, one of my ‘important’ jobs was cleaning stalls and driving an old ‘59 GMC full of the treasure up in the foothills of the property to spread it around…
LOL, heard something that sounded like a B-29 bomber fly past me about 30’ away! She was about a 5"er and actually very pretty in flight !

8 Likes

Talking about that B-29 sound… Last week I was helping my brother out, he’s landscaping his backyard. We were driving post in the dirt while all of a sudden I heard a similar, deep noise. I looked up and a split second later we are in the midst of a swarm bees. That was special too.

6 Likes

time for another photo dump! How’s your plants looking? our weather has been f-ing amazing lately!

7 Likes

Man, my babies are just so boring! And I don’t have the thrill of putting mine high up on a deck thing to worry about. LOL. I have some work to do on some of them tomorrow and I’ll take pics. Some are pretty leggy and I need to top-dress them to bring the soil up to meet the legs. I can’t believe the difference in sizes in my babies. Tiny 1/2" to 4" tall. This weather is just … wow … how lucky are we??

7 Likes

Alright… no dump but here is latest … weather has been sketchy… plan to use BBP this weekend. These babies are about 24 days old.

Praying mantis report: haven’t seen anything yet but my son told me they would be too small to see …

10 Likes

Does anybody have the photos of leaf issues? I had it save dbut can’t find it. Ugh. And a simple search doesn’t bring it up.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you! I did find the other helpful leaf page. I think part of my problem could be nutrient burn from splashing or heat stress. I also have tiny black spots. And possibly white spots near the veins (spider mites? thrips?)). I pulled out my arsenal of Neem, DE, and mosquito bits. Waiting on having to use Captain Jacks. Will see how these three fixes do.

4 Likes

You and your folks did a great job, Chris.

We went on Saturday and it was hot af.
It was the first real carnival we had since the before times.
It was a lot of fun.

now you should update us on how your plants are looking. A few of mine took a big hit this weekend since i waited a little long to water them. I got two strains that drink waaay more than the rest of them. I didn’t expect it to get that freaking hot and dry.

Anyway, show us some pictures! Of your plants!

7 Likes