Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

You bought a pin!! Isn’t it gorgeous? I was there on Saturday but only to check to see if my sponsors were happy with their vendor booths. Not a big fan of carnivals and such. Funny that I now run one. Ha! It was so hard to learn everything on the fly without any training whatsoever that I planned to quit the day after it ended. LOL. But I felt a huge sense of pride and accomplishment and decided to give it another go for 2024. It’s year-round work, I’ll tell ya. I’ll never take a community event for granted ever again.

Okay, getting ready to upload some pics, just for you! :wink: :seedling:

4 Likes

Okay, at @OlyBoy 's request, here are a few posts with photos of my autos.

First off are my pest issues. This has got to be a leaf miner, yes? These pics are a couple of weeks old (July 30?) and I don’t see any new lines so the IPM I did early July helped. These four plants, all autos, have issues and are in grow bags. I believe they also have thrips, aphids, or mites. My other six don’t seem to have these issues and are set away from this and I’ll post pics of them soon.

They are near done, is it too late to do more neem? What can I do at this late stage? I have Neem, DE, Mosquito Bits, and Captain Jacks.

Next up are the ‘healthier’ autos I’m growing.

4 Likes

Oh, wait, I found full shots of the four autos in grow bags that are ‘buggy’ that I’ll post pics of here:

Pretty old pic, July 19 group shot:

Charlotte’s Dementia aka Plant 1b

Charlotte’s YesterDream aka Plant 2b

Cuomo’s Arachna Diesel aka Plant 4b

Viuda Blanca Border Jumper aka Plant 5b

Plants 3b & 6b that were in fabric pots didn’t make it. #3b was a Crazy 8s Monster Fruit and #6b was a Widow’s Red Cherry CheeseBake. However, the smaller sizes of these in the 6" pots are doing fine.

Group shot from today, August 12. Not proud of these four. Buggy but I’ll still tend to them. Do more IPM although I’m worried about using stuff at this late stage. Day 85. Autos.

4 Likes

Okay, so these are my smaller autos that I kept in six-inch pots. They did have some leafminer issues on July 9th but that’s gone from using neem, DE, and Mosquito Bits. However, on July 17th, I caught these shots of bugs. Any identification here?

The six autos photo taken on July 30th. The rest below were taken on July 17th

Leafhopper?

I have to go outside and take current photos. The buds are awesome!

4 Likes

Here are today’s photos - August 12 - Day 85

Plant 1: Charlotte’s Dementia

Plant 2: Charlette’s YesterDream

Plant 3: Crazy 8s Monster Fruit

Plant 4: Cuomo’s Arachna Diesel

Plant 5: Viuda Blanca Border Jumper

Plant 6: Widow’s Red Cherry CheeseBake

Groups shot:

Yes, those are 6" pots and they need watering. I wanted and got smaller plants. I checked some buds and leaves for pests and trichomes. Clear trichomes, so not ready. One bug, not sure what it is. Maybe aphid. The somewhat yellowing of the end of some of the leaves concerns me but I’ve not given them the attention they deserve and I bet they are hungry. It’s time to feed. With these six, I’m no worried about pests or leaf issues. Day 85. I’m thinking … two more weeks?? LOL … isn’t that always the answer?

Anyway, these are my best six autos for the year. Hope you enjoyed the show.

9 Likes

Drug of choice tonight … champagne … cheers …

7 Likes

Okay, I have six plants that I’ve started checking trichomes on and checking for bugs with my endoscope. They are all autos and on day 97. I was hoping y’all would advise me on the trichomes?

So far my method is to cut a bud, put it under the scope, seriously look at all sides and insides. Then I wash it and broil it for two minutes and try it.

My next three posts will cover the first three I’ve done so far.

I hate tagging peeps but I need y’all’s advice on if these are ready or not.

@PreyBird1 @bobette @MrMonkey420 @TechDCo @TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @HostileHippie420 @LoCoRocK @mudman @nacho151 @OlyBoy @pptrsha1 @repins12 @Slym3r @sssportsmfg @sdoyle @budfarmer @tubular @Maz Thanks for any help!! :green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Here is a good chart.

7 Likes

Here is Plant #1 CD - Charlette’s Dementia Monday August 21, 2023 Day 94

1CDAugust20_001

1CDAugust20_002

1CDAugust20_003

Am I seeing enough cloudy and amber here?

12 Likes

By the way, thanks go to @repins12 for the seeds I used this year:
#1 Charolette’s Dementia
#2 Charolette’s Yester Dream
#3 Crazy 8s Monkey Fruit
#4 Cuomo’s Arachna Diesel
#5 Viuda Blanca Border Jumper
#6 Widow’s Red Cherry Cheese Bake

Sorry if I spelled any of those wrong. It was hard to decipher the handwriting on the seed container.

Also thanks to @Slym3r and @TheMadFlascher for sending me the BBP which I did use in this grow. I do think the BBP makes a difference.

10 Likes

Here is test #2 Charlette’s Yester Dream done on August 22 Day 95

2CYDAugust22_001

2CYDAugust22_002

2CYDAugust22_003

2CYDAugust22_004

2CYDAugust22_005

I believe I’m seeing lots of cloudy and amber here?

9 Likes

@nacho151 has a good chart there. Just have to match up the effects you desire.

7 Likes

Last night’s test was #6 Widow’s Red Cherry Cheese Bake on August 23 Day 96

#6WRCCBAugust 23_002

#6WRCCBAugust 23_005

#6WRCCBAugust 23_007

#6WRCCBAugust 23_010

#6WRCCBAugust 23_011

Seeing lots of cloudy, few amber. Looks like this plant is buggy in the third photo but I could NOT find a bug. So that’s probably just dirt or poo that I was sure to wash off before trying it out.

Long story, but I skipped from #2 to #6 because I couldn’t remember if I did a test or not on Sunday and had them labeled wrong and was going to start over starting with the last one and going up. I’m pretty sure I didn’t test any on Sunday but I did test my new endoscope stand I just got. Really helpful with the shaky hands I inherited from my parents. For ‘scientific’ reasons, though, I’m going to continue with my plan B of starting with #6 and then going 5,4,3,2,1. I’m so weird. Anal-retentive. OCD. You name it, I’m it.

12 Likes

Thanks @nacho151 - I have seen this, but I haven’t gotten to the point where I feel comfortable identifying which mine are. Especially with clear to cloudy. I know it’s obvious, but I still hesitate to call it. I’m trying to go with mostly cloudy with a 20-30% amber.

10 Likes

Next up tonight is #5 Viuda Blanca Border Jumper Day 97 … tonight … I have to go to work now!!

11 Likes

on #1…IMHO I’m seeing mostly cloudy trichomes, but some amber trichomes.

on #2…IMHO I’m seeing half cloudy half amber.

on #6…IMHO Im seeing mostly cloudy trichomes.

In my minds eye, I would say all three are ready.:+1:

10 Likes

I feel like you have a day or two atleast that’s my own preference but remember really it’s personal choice if you left them go longer it’s more of a couch lock feeling /Inda-couch but once the majority of trichs are cloudy she’s technically good , but once again it really depends on what your looking for…… also remember check even the lower buds also this is why keeping the canopy decently level is also important

11 Likes

The more darker the trichcomes, the more the couch lock the buzz feels. You have some ambers and cloudiness, the ambers get darker and spread the more of that you see more couch lock sort of buzz.
It could all be a conspiracy who knows baha

4 Likes

Depends what parts were shot here. The outside of a nice light-hitted bud or inside the bud structure. Big difference.

9 Likes

I agree.

i agree with this too.

i agree. so document what you harvest and have fun with it!

i agree.

And we’re expecting rain this Mon-Wed, so I’d chop before then!

9 Likes