Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

Laugh at me all you want, but last night I did this:

7 Likes

Just watch the heat in there and they should be fine

3 Likes

Will do. They are outside now enjoying natural sunlight. As I will be doing very soon. :slight_smile:

Day 6

Sunlight!! Those are cucumber starts to the right …

6 Likes

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

7 Likes

I would have to grow in the lower area.
Wish I could grow some outside

3 Likes

Love your setup!! I’m a little scared of that tv tray, tho!! But, it’s like you say, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!!

1 Like

I cleaned up the lower area, weeded it, put down some cardboard and some weights. I’d till it and use it, but it is just too root bound and I don’t have the strength to do it.

I was all scared about the legality of growing, especially outside, so I got me a medical card this week, finally, after all these years. Damn, why didn’t I do this before??? The benefits aren’t as good as they were before recreational stores opened up, but I’m legally safe. Somewhat.

7 Likes

I actually have a better lighting possibility, but want to replace the bulbs. The ones in there, pictured below, work but flicker badly. After researching bulbs, etc. I also found I should do a ballast bypass or some such nonsense, so I got stuck on that and never did anything with it. Hope you’re doing well.

Currently, the bulb in it

3 Likes

Flickering is a bad ballast most times or a bad starter if it’s a really old fixture. Really old LoL

2 Likes

Probably best that I just buy one decent grow light, eh? Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes bite the bullet get something decent.

3 Likes

I just bought another durolux led to replace my 4 bulb T5.

3 Likes

This light is my other veg light. It works so well surprisingly!

6 Likes

Update: Day 9 May 2nd

So, my plants have been out in the sun everyday since 4/28 (Day 5) from about 10a to 6p, plus or minus an hour or so.

Then they go back under the cheap, weak lamps on my kitchen table from 6ish pm to 10ish am the next day.

I added foil and foil tin pans around the lights.Yesterday, I added an Ottlite to the mix of lites. Only 6-7 plants fit under the very low LED grow lamp, so I have two LED white lites over the others and I rotate them so that they all share all the kinds of lights.

Watering: so far, all I’ve done is wet the tops around the edges of the inner cups several times a day. Every now and then, I spray a few drops into the bottom of the dark outside cup. Sometimes I find a few drops there already.

Our good weather is fast approaching, so I’m really looking forward to more warmth and light outside for these babies.

I could sure use some advice on how much to water, how often and how to (from the bottom or the top or both). I would also be most appreciative of how, when, what, etc. to start feeding. I’m reading that it might be time for a weak feeding by now? I’m going to try tagging some of you who have commented here. I am so sorry if I leave anybody out. @PreyBird1 @KevGrows @treetrunks @sssportsmfg @hardroc @hardroc @LoCoRocK @Slym3r @bobette @OlyBoy @Hydro @pptrsha1

Here are today’s pics, Day 9, May 2nd:

Hash God Group Photo:

Hash God Closeup Side:

Hash God Closeup Top:

Sky God Group Photo:

Sky God Closeup Side:

Sky God Closeup Top:

White Runtz x Skywalker OG Group Photo:

White Runtz x Skywalker OG Side:

White Runtz x Skywalker OG Top:

11 Likes

Hey! They look good!
I start micro nutes right away.
I use sea kelp, super thrive and molasses on all my Littles. Very small dose. Until I see some solid leaves of growth, usually about 4 to 5 knodes up. Then a pinch stronger. Watch them. Your a Gardner, the leaves will tell you what you need…Add some nitrogen to get growth and really bright leaves. I’m a fan of "Roots Organic " by Aurora. Look them up. They are good to send samples!:green_heart::v:
When I first started growing someone asked me "Can you grow a good tomato? You can grow weed"Lol
Your doing a Great job!
Warriors :v::green_heart::blush:

10 Likes

Lol @bobette too funny. I start feeding seedlings immediately also. but ive been doing it for years. Watering isn’t enough for me. Once you’ve missed the mark on feeding you’ll never do it again. You’ll learn this over time. Watering i water every 2 days. I pick up the pots. And or tip them to feel how much water they need.

7 Likes

I am SO glad you replied. It just so happens that I was given 3 packages of roots organics samples at the local grow shop last week (thanks @OlyBoy for the referral there). While there, I also bought some Dakine 420. In my arsenal, I also have a nice bag of earthworm castings and a bag of Dr. Earth Fertilizer. I feel like I have some of that Thrive stuff somewhere, but have also been eying it on Amazon … Thanks so much, fella Warrior!!

7 Likes

Where do you think I pick up tips from …:thinking:
@PreyBird1 Lol !

5 Likes

Yes roots organics is awesome.

10 Likes

hey i recognize a few hundred or so of those bottles! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes