Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

I’m doing 3 gallon bags. I wanted smaller plants for my first grow. I’m also a little paranoid growing outside even though I have a medical card. I don’t trust strangers walking by, etc. even though I have a taller fence. The medical card rules are that they aren’t visible or smelly to passersby. LOL

I can’t get to any pics or updates today. Hopefully be back tomorrow!

5 Likes

Well wont you be surprised when those plants get Huge lol! Your gonna have to do multitop bush.

3 Likes

LOL … I bet I will be surprised. I’ll learn as I go. I’ve FIM’d once. I’ll learn how to multitop later. LOL

2 Likes

How do you like this one?

They are saying that until today, we have only had temps over 100 twice in the last century. So, this is just crazy. The worst part is that most of us don’t have ACs b/c we didn’t used to need them.

4 Likes

Whereabouts are you located? Generally speaking? Our forecast is looking a lot like yours here (ten days ago - I’m catching up today).

1 Like

Are you talking about Hefty Harvest or is there another jewel in the area I need to visit?

1 Like

Thank you for your thots on my journal. I’m glad it’s been enjoyable. You’re right in that I need to update more, especially with things going on. But actually not a lot is going on until today. I do visit here and read multiple threads every day.

As for what I’m aiming for, I’m aiming for smaller plants, bushes, rather than xmas trees. That’s why I went with the 3 gallon bags, plus space issues. They get sunshine for several hours, I would guess from 7 or 8a to 7 or 8p. Direct sunshine from about 9a to 4p and then indirect. We seem to be sharing the same weather of 80 to 110, but it didn’t used to get this warm up here.

The yellow leaves are indeed at the bottom, so thank you for letting me know that’s okay. Since then, some of them have gotten crinkly and brown. They were fed nutrients while in Solo cups and then when I went with FFOF mixed with Sunshine #4, I stopped and should resume again (as you and OlyBoy advise) in the next week or so and then I’m starting with my new Jacks 321 purchase.

I am grateful and humble for preybird offering his wonderful seeds to me. I was at such a loss when I got here as to how to obtain seeds especially without paying a ransom in shipping LOL … @PreyBird1 took pity on me and told me he’d send me some. He rocks!!!

Sorry it took so long to reply. I really, really love that you took the time to write your ‘novel’ … I tend to write long comments, too, so … heh …

4 Likes

Well isn’t that just a peach of a forecast. I heard that same thing from the weatherman - it not having been over a hundred but once maybe and how y’all don’t have AC’s up dere. Dang gum …

2 Likes

I’m right in the middle of Cali…Central Valley. I think the biggest difference in weather other than our extreme temperatures is we have low humidity during the day. And yeah if they look hungry start feeding them. If you don’t want Christmas trees you start topping around the third or fourth node and keep after it. I personally never grown it outdoor plant in anything smaller than a 5 gallon, and I only use those on auto flowers. There again I am not where you are and I am in a very different situation environment among other things.

2 Likes

Update Day 64 6/26/21

3 strains of seeds from @PreyBird1 : 4 Hash Gods; 2 Sky Gods and 4 White Runtz X SkyWalker OG - all popped by 4/21/21 and put into medium on 4/22/21 indoors with weak lites.

4/24/21 Day 1 - the day all germinated out of soil

4/27/21 Day 4 - transplanted into Solo cups

4/28/21 - 5/10/21 they all lived outside in the day and inside in the night. I watered small amounts from the bottom every day and fed at 25% strength every 2-3 days.

5/19/21 Started feeding at full strength and upped my watering amount

6/10/21 Day 54 FIM’d half of each strain and TOP’d the other half (I think) - really I think I FIM’d half and ultra FIM’d the other half LOL

6/17/21 Day 55 Transplanted into 3 gallon bags of 40% FFOF; 40% Sunshine #4 and 20% Perlite. The two SkyGods were put into the b&w poly bags and three each of Hash Gods and White Runtz X SkyWalker OG were put into fabric bags. The remain one each of HG and WRxSW OG stayed in their Solo cups. I started watering 1 cup per day with Epsom salts (ratio 1 tsp per gallon)

6/19/21 Day 57 - started watering two cups every other day with ES

6/21/21 Day 59 I measured moisture, pH and light. pH levels were just ever so slightly below 7. I figured out which ones I FIM’d and which ones I TOP’d and labeled them A, B, C, D and took a wild guess on which ones were female. I’m pretty sure today that one of my guesses was right, but the proof is still pretty vague and VERY hard to get pics of. What I have will be below.

6/26/21 Day 64 I think two of my plants are female, both White Runtz X SkyWalker OG labeled A and B (I had predicted on the 21st that B was a girl)

Do y’all see the girlie parts too?? PLEASE SAY YES … LOL

This was the best shot I could get of what I think are white hairs on that node at the bottom of the pic:

Closer to that same node, bad shot:

Even closer but so out of focus, but I think there is ONE?

Vague shot … anybody? anybody?

7 Likes

I think the first and last are girls. The other pictures are too blurry. You don’t have to be all that close for a good photo just focused. Then we can zoom in :+1:t3:

After rereading your above post, are these Picture all the same plant

4 Likes

It’s a true hell. My neighbor just GAVE me a really nice portable AC that she happened to have an extra of. I’m truly grateful to her, what a gift!! I thot I was going to have to hang at an air-conditioned mall or store or bar for the next few days. All the hotels are full up from here to the coast, so that option was out. We just are not used to this weather at all. And I came from Imperial Valley where it’s usually 118 degrees about now. We are hotter than they are this weekend!! Unbelievable! Anyway, I’ve invited less fortunate friends to hang here for respite if they need it. Gotta share the cool …

4 Likes

LOL yes, they are the same plant photos. I just could NOT get the other plant to pose for me. Silly plant! Thanks for the tip. I tried many ways, zoom, no zoom, video, flash. My cell cam sucks.

Anyway, YAY!! At least one female!!! I’m sure there are others, they are just now peaking out their gender, so … WHOOPIE!

1 Like

4 Likes

Ah, yes, one of the best food growing areas in our nation. I grew up in Imperial Valley, another huge food supply area. Also, very hot and dry. Also lived in LA as a child. And then Oklahoma for a bit and now up here an hour South of Seattle. They say it’s humid here, but you can’t feel it here like you can in Oklahoma or other Southern places. I could sure feel it in Oklahoma!! I can’t stand humidity or sweating. Ugh.

I may consider up potting a couple of them to 5 or 7 gallon. I have two 5 gallon fabric bags just waiting to be used and a couple of b&w 7 gallon bags. I’m going to wait to see the genders of all of them before I decide anything.

Topping them often might be the easiest for me, but the most stressful for them.

Thank you for the comment(s)!! Always very much appreciated!

2 Likes

The next 30 or 40 days is when I see the biggest vegetative growth in my plants outdoor. Before the stretch that is. That’s about how long you got. Round here usually early August stretch begins

3 Likes

Not sure, but I think this is the other plant. Much bushier than the one we’ve been discussing. I need to learn how to draw the circle and such from my laptop

6 Likes

Thats a girl.

The bushierness is the morphology of the parents in the strain. Its similar structure, like branches and spacing of the nodes and the side shoots. Which strain is it?

5 Likes

@happilyretired have you tried to see what your average stretch is on most outdoor grown plants?

Indoors i see 40%-60% in stretch.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see 50% probably most the time around 30% really depends on the strain some sativa’s can just get stupid while I’ve had Indica’s that probably only stretch 20% but just got girth from hell.

4 Likes