Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

No moths in my room…they lay caterpillars and I hate them no matter what kind they are. I’m sure there might be a good caterpillar or 2 maybe…lol but I have a hatrid for the lil bastards. They’ve demolished my night blooming jasmine atleast half dozen times. I can’t catch then fast enough either. They will eat that thing bare in a day…they have stripped it just about clean within a weekend that’s no lie. Son’s a bitching land worm scrunchy screws. Hate em…

8 Likes

Tell us how you really feel, Loco :grimacing: :seedling: :green_heart:

7 Likes

I’m with him too. I love :butterfly: and moths… But not their baybees lol

5 Likes

I dunno if I can even agree to those terms Slym…lol no …not w moths. There are some big mo foin moths brah. I don’t mind bugs in general -it’s roaches I can’t stand but I’ve had a close encounter with a moth before. LoL… And what’s up with that dull grey pollen looking powder shit they leave on you. No thanks …

3 Likes

Then there’s this guy…

7 Likes

@OlyBoy , Oh, I’ve got something that will kill that … LOL … I’d only have to buy a much bigger sprayer …

@LoCoRocK , luckily up here we don’t seem to have roaches, although Seattle peeps could argue with me on that. I’ve never seen a roach up here. I hate those MFers. I lived in Norman, Oklahoma for ten years and Southern California and I know roaches. Ugh. Oh, also monster crickets. Ugh. You can hear them crunch as you drive past a street lamp at night where they congregate (again, in Southern Cali - Imperial Valley). The two things up here I can do without are yellowjackets/wasps and slugs. For some reason, I don’t have slugs except for an occasional tiny one at the bottom of some plant pots that came from a nursery. I throw them into the street to burn in the sun. God made a huge mistake with wasps and slugs (and I guess we can include roaches, with that, too). I don’t kill things often, but I’m on board with wasps, slugs, and roaches.

I’ve never encountered this gray powder you speak of, but found this when I googled: " When you’ve accidentally touched a moth or grabbed one to toss him outside at night, the insect likely left a bit of himself behind: dust from his wings. This dust is actually tiny scales that serve multiple functions for the moth."

At least it’s not poo … :grimacing:

4 Likes

So, my kids want to know what I want for my upcoming birthday … I have several thots for them that are ALL related to my grow. I’m on Day 124 or so and waiting for babies to move from pre-flower to flower. I know there is still lots of time, but I was trying to think of things I may need for the next phase or end phase … good scissors, canning jars, drying stuff to hang harvest … blah blah blah …

But then I wonder, should I ask for some kind of shelter for the babies for when the rains begin in September … A tiny greenhouse or tent or whatever … I’m looking at mid to late October for harvest. Growing outside only. Six plants. Big ones in grow bags. What can I ask for that may be the best thing to prevent bud rot or wet issues?

Appreciate any thots … I hate tagging people in case I forget somebody important … @PreyBird1 @OlyBoy @Slym3r @bobette @LoCoRocK @happilyretired @mudman @TheMadFlascher @pptrsha1 @treetrunks @970cannetics @Jimhigh66

6 Likes

dont forget you can always say i would like gift cards for EVERY holiday from now on! so maybe at least 3 times a year when kids think they have to buy u something u can fund your grow and then just get one of everything!

8 Likes

Yeah thats a lot of thinking of what ya need. I used to get 1 present for birthday an christmas because i was born 2 days before Christmas. It sucked so i always picked one good present per year. I like the shelter idea. You can make a hoop house easy!

8 Likes

Ya that gift card idea is smart! Because then you can use it for what you want when you want. Let’s see. A hoop house I agree very easy to put up and pretty cheap on the pocket. I got my plastic from home Depot 6mil I think like 10’ x 25’ for around $25 a pop. I also went ahead and bought some clear roofing panels to use on the roof of the greenhouse I think those were like $20 a pop so not near as easy on the pocket. But I say they are well worth it. No worries about tearing the plastic or hail damaging the plastic or anything. But a little harder to put up because you will need some kind of structure to work with. If you do go the shelter rout and are worried about but rot. Make sure to also have a fan or two to help keep the air moving and circulating.

Good luck! And happy birthday :partying_face::tada: cheer’s

6 Likes

Well if it were me I wouldn’t be so worried about finishing up this grow and what I need for that because some jars or grove bags or scissors or humidity meters, they really don’t cost very much and they’re readily available to you most likely. If it were me I would want them all to get together and buy me one really expensive thing. Nice new light or blue labs PH/PPM meter nice exhaust fans bigger tent. That’s just me. My problem is no one ever listens to what I want and they get me what they think I need. I’m one of them people if I need some thing I just go buy it. So I really don’t need anything. It’s the stuff that I want but I don’t need that I would prefer somebody bought for me.

If you prefer small things I would suggest grove bags as one of them. This is my first time using them but I’m very happy with the way they are working out. And Fiskers Teflon coated scissors. They seem to hold her edge a lot longer than most others I’ve tried.

5 Likes

Mother freaking pimping Oly w Mothra… I’m such an idiot :stuck_out_tongue: how did I not think of that!!! You are the man! Damn I wish I drank and lived closer Oly or atleast the same state. Yeah smoking be fun too but I just feel we wouldn’t get the full Loco night out if we could still walk the line! Ya Dig …
Ask for the BIG half gallon jars for cure & storing. You will kick yourself in the nuts, ovaries whatever, like I did once you realize how much friggen burping it cuts out. It’s the greatest invention since the lightbulb …errr LED rather. But amazon gift cards kick ars too…:sunglasses:
So your telling me moths have scales!! Who da thunk they were a type of fish? :thinking: Obviously in the flying fish family…

4 Likes

Lizards and snakes have scales to.
I think a flying snake would be much more exciting than a flying fish.…

3 Likes

There is a flying snake dude… They leap from high branches and superman in the air…no lie look it up! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen them on several different shows. They flatten themselves when they launch.:thinking: but those are not flying snakes. They’re gliding snakes.:joy:

4 Likes

Ok yes yes …but if you were in the woods looked up and saw it “gliding” wood you yell " oh shit a gliding snake"? LoL lmao hell nah…
Holy fudge that snakes effing flying dawg…is what I say as I run right…am I right?? Yes… Dude fudging flying snakes … there are too many m effing flying snakes in this m effing woods… LoL

3 Likes

I don’t know loco. Me being a person who has messed around with snakes his whole Life, I’m more scared of the ones that I don’t see. Especially if I’m in an area where there’s snakes that are poisonous. Who do you thinks going to be wandering around in the woods after California finishes burning. It ain’t going to be squirrels and rabbits. It’s going to be chipmunks and snakes and mice the critters that hide out underground. All the other creatures that live above dirt I imagine there’s millions that have died. :man_facepalming: Conversation redirect, sorry…:flushed::joy:

4 Likes

your birthday is dec 23?! my twins are dec 23rd too! birthday presents wrapped in christmas wrapping paper. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yep grandpa would give me $25 every christmas. And all the cousing bitched. But it was $5 for birthday and $20 for christmas. Was sucky.

4 Likes

shoot your lucky. my grandma used to send me pantyhose. we lived in the tropics and for some reason she thought we would need stockings. we mostly never even wore shoes.

3 Likes