Adding a 2x2 tent inside my grow room

I planted 3 Harlequin seeds. After 5 weeks one is definitely a male. My Lovely Bride (MLB) would like to let one female go to seed. MLB is very fond of Harlequin!

My grow room is 4.5’ x 8’ I am currently growing one 4x4 end of the space. So I do have physical space for a 2’x’2 tent. Would a tent within my existing room be sufficient for keeping pollen contained so as not to impregnate the rest of the (hopefully mostly) girls in the room?

I guess I’d have to duplicate the environmental infrastructure with its own fan, filters, etc. Also most of the tent designs don’t lend themselves to being in corner as the vents and ports are on both sides so I would need to leave a little space on the side against the wall.

I’d like to extend my room another 2 or 3 feet (4.5’x 10’ or 11’) but I am in the middle of a grow right now and other projects are waiting AKA the Honey-Do-List.

A couple picture…

!
The first is the part of the room currently in use.

What do you think?
The 2nd is the space remaining.

5 Likes

Nice grow. Looks great. Super clean and well prepared

1 Like

I would keep it out of that room. How do you plan on opening the zipper.

Pollen will find the flower - always.

3 Likes

It definitely will. I’ve heard it can travel 200 miles in the wind.

1 Like

@Slym3r Thank you, that is nice to hear.

1 Like

Personally I think you are taking a major risk. That pollen will find a way and ruin your babies.

1 Like

I wouldnt say ruin… they would deff be pregnant. With a new strain. So the next round of the accidental pregnancies would be an interesting new mix for ya.

But deff be prepared for those accident to happen. If nothing happens your good. Being prepared for it will ensure your not regretting your decisions.

If you’re wanting to maintain lineages, you might not want the risk at all.

1 Like

No I am not risking it this time. The boys are gone. I want to try breeding at some point but right now I am focusing on just learning to grow well. Cloning will probably be my next major learning experience.

Thanks @Slym3r @poppa and @hatebreed for the feed back! I appreciate ya’ll.

3 Likes

It is amazing though to see a plant get a few grains of pollen on it and the flowers pretty much stop growing and the plant focuses everything on the seed development. It is so much like an off switch.

1 Like

Are you growing in a shed? Looking forward to seeing how them ladies come out.

1 Like

No I walled in a corner of my garage for my grow room with 2x4 construction, plywood on the outside and Styrofoam panels with the aluminum foil(looking) stuff on the inside. The wood strips were just to hold the panels in place but turned out to be really useful for hanging things. Wish I had put in more of them. This was my first attempt so it will get better with experience.

3 Likes

So maybe build urself a closed off area on the outside of that room ??
Got the wife to allow me to put a teng on my dresser in my room to try some colloidal silver on a few diff plants if it works out on the first one.

1 Like

Yes, another add on room is in negotiation as we speak. I also thought about dividing my room into 2 4.5 x 4 rooms but I really enjoy the extra space to move round in the room. I even have a pot of lettuce in there that is doing really well! We love fresh lettuce.

This is just a hobby so I don’t need a huge crops. Just trying to grow a respectable yield of the best I can grow of different strains. I start off on a 4 x 4 table top that I can lower as they get taller and I can’t raise the light any higher. It is much easier on my back than starting on the floor and it stays warmer with less help in the grow space.

As I think about it I’d probably start running into power problems if I tried to support another grow in that space. So I am going to keep it simple for now.

This growing thing is a blast and even better; I get a lot of personal therapy just sitting in my room… breathing in the warm rich air… telling the girls how great they look today… Life is good.

2 Likes

Yep my wife regrets dropping 3 seeds during quarantine. Turned out to spending over 4 grand in lighting and fans and filters nutes ect. Best thing she could have started for me i love this sport lol. Its a sport because sometimes they play hardball with you lol.

5 Likes

Which strain are you looking for?

Welcome @herbcaro! I am a relative newcomer to this site as well.

The Harlequin seeds were given to me by a friend with a Red Card (MMJ). I am not sure where he got them. Until recently I got most of my seeds from my small purchases from the legal Recreational Pot stores here in Colorado. I don’t always find them in the bags and frankly I am not convinced how pure their strains are because in one of my first grows I had 3 seeds from 2 bags of what was supposed to be the same strain (Cheese Quake) and they all had very different appearances from each other in terms of leaf shape, size and general characteristics.

Now that I have found this site I am hopeful that I can get better seeds of known genetics rather than the crap shoot from the Pot Store. The folks here are really helpful and generous! I feel blessed to have found this site and folks like @bullfrog420, @PreyBird1, @Slym3r, @poppa, @hatebreed, @Mark0427, @scotty17 just to name a few. Stick around for a while and read a bunch of posts and you will see what I mean.

5 Likes

@automatik has a seed company also quick at shipping and all. Site will be open here shortly this week. Can still get with him for a list and to make purchases now. ChiTownSeeds

2 Likes

Yes do hang around we all love to help all out

4 Likes