Advance Nutrients

Anyone here familiar with advance nutrients? I’m looking to switch over because of their “PH perfect” technology. Growing in Foxfarm ocean forest soil indoors. What do you suggest I start with?

3 Likes

I switched to Coco from Ocean Forest on my indoor grow. I still used GH Flora Trio w/CalMag that I pH’d for my initial coco grows, but always had some sort of nutrient problem. Probably not the right line to use to begin with.I switched over to the pH Perfect coco and my plants run beautifully now. Figure out what your plants can handle for nutes, before or at lightly-burnt tips, and give a straight water every 10-14 days with some runoff and you’ll be good. I also run a little Mykos and Azos beneficial bacterias, along with a 2 week water flush before harvest.

3 Likes

I run the connoisseur line. I love them. They are pricey but in my opinion more than worth it. I never check my ph .

6 Likes

Yup! I use AN for both DWC and SWC. It is not cheap but worth it. PH drifting sucks and AN will hold values.

A Perfect PH tube also works great but I decided to just run a professional regiment of the AN line :v:t2:

Noteable note - the nutes are strong so use less than scheduled on their website. I burned my Maui Wowie last refill

7 Likes

A few burnt tips wont hurt lol it shows u r pushing it to the li.its without really overdoing it too much. Nice looking plant tho

5 Likes

That’s what makes me like this product line

3 Likes

I’m thinking in ffof I could get by with bloom a+b? Or would I need grow a+b also? Or is it reccomended to run coco?

1 Like

I run Roots organics soil. IMO you will need both grow and bloom. You will not use much grow but it is needed.

2 Likes

Ditto I use the same connoisseur coco too and Canna coco. Best grow I have ever had and I am less than half way through flower. ( I give credit to both) Canna coco is worth every penny, I bought some cheap compressed coco from Walmart and it almost killed my plants, I guessing it was loaded with salt.

3 days till 4 weeks after flip.

Which reminds me I gotta thin them out AGAIN lol…lovin it.

3 Likes

Ocean Forest comes pre charged so you dont have to feed it much (if at all) for the first few weeks. Ive heard of people flushing it before using it. I personally like Royal Gold Tuper and use AN sensi soil line. I like it alot. Nice deep green growth. PH technology is awesome. saves alot of time if you add it all up over a whole grow. The only other id compair it to my personal experiences with would be Roots Organics Soul synthetics line. that was a good one.

2 Likes

I originally started growing with Advance Nutrients – Grow/Micro/Bloom and added some Liquid Seaweed Kelp (which took rooting to the extreme). I am very satisfied with the products.

Currently – I am on my 3rd indoor grow and I have been learning about lighting and soil with the last two. Coming upon the 4th week of flowering and all is looking really good – so far. I wanted to try some additional products. (To be honest – this fertilizer stuff confuses me…!)

Can anyone suggest what I am missing or what what product or products are the next step in increasing my harvest?

2 Likes

Hi mate
Using AN line for years, Connoisuer base + additives, awesome results

Regarding dossage, don´t listen what the maker says and use an EC pen,same for PH.

The only additives i use full dose(2 ml) are Piranha/Trarantula/Voodoo/Sensizym/ and Budignitor. Bud candy and BudfactorX start at 0.5ml to a max of 1,5 ml and B,52 and Nirvana you can start at 0,5 ml to a max of 1 ml. B52 is an awesome product for foliar spray after transplants or any stress your plants might suffer.

Remember to use silica and CalMag if using Coco prior to mixing your fertz

Ph perfect is good technology, it works spetially good with people starting to grow as it kind of keeps root zone ph between 5,8 and 6 ph no matter how many kilos of fert you put on your mix so it is very difficult to burn plants with AN,but you to balance PH to whatever value is suited for the time in veg or flower you might be in that publicity like the 4ml they want you to put on your mix from the A/B fertz its pure marketing.

2 Likes