Advice on a affordable uv air filter?

I mean diy is probably the affordable way to go but don’t need to be lol. Any links /videos/constructive advice welcome :slight_smile:
@devjyarn I can’t help but get the feeling u have just the thing in mind lol 1800 cubic foot space

3 Likes

What are your hopes for the UV air filter? Is it for smell, or as part of your IPM?

4 Likes

Just for ipm hoping not to effect terps at all lol. But I know it will a tad :wink: just need to guarantee no mold issues!

4 Likes

UV doesn’t do much against mold, you might be better off running a HEPA filter. Since you’re running a sealed room you could run it as a scrubber and the HEPA filter will catch any tiny thing that’s airborne. It’s got to be a real HEPA filter though, or something with a MERV rating higher than 16. Those are the filters they run in hospitals to help keep vulnerable people safe.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea too, this is where I got my idea from https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.airsniper.ca/horticultural/&ved=2ahUKEwiS98jWtM3pAhU1oXIEHZgpC10QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw130avv80vxWYNLWu9XSVrC. A few ppl from Canna cribs swear by them .this is probably not the brand tho but the one I found just like the ones on .c.c

2 Likes

That’s a photocatalytic UV purifier, which would totally do the job you’re asking. One of the cheaper UVC lights won’t do anything for mold spores though.

4 Likes

Any suggestions where to buy and what model price is important atm

3 Likes

I’m not too sure what the best fit it, but here are a few options I found Industrial HEPA Air Scrubbers & Negative Air Machines | Jon-Don I’ve got local “disaster recovery” companies that come in and fix up your basement if it floods etc and use filters like this. They leave the filter to run and cycle the air for a few days to remove all mold spores to ensure a proper fix. Maybe someone local to you has a used commercial unit you could get for a steep discount?

5 Likes

Hmmm good idea;)

4 Likes