Advice please!

Hey guys I live in Connecticut and I have a dilemma… I kind of knew you weren’t supposed to grow outdoors but I did anyways thinking we have dispensaries, you can grow indoors, and there is actually something that say you can grow as long as it can’t be seen from the road. This guy I work with was growing sommaybe like ten plants and the other day he came home seen a helicopter State troopers and was like what’s going on. They literally came to his house and confiscated his plants… I can’t believe it… my mind is blown that the state is flying helicopters around to bust small time growers . So my question is if I move these plants indoors which are already flowering beautifully and I’m in the home stretch will they be okay? I will be broken if I lose these plants with all the love time and effort I’ve put into them… How will the lack of sunlight etc effect the flowering process and overall health , yield quality!? I have a spot where I can put them in the window and receive sunlight . Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Here is what I found for growing in your state.

https://portal.ct.gov/cannabis/Knowledge-Base/Categories/Consumer-Information/Home-Grow?language=en_US

Medical marijuana patients 18 years old and older will be able to grow up to 3 mature and 3 immature plants at home starting October 1, 2021, with a cap of 12 total plants per household. All adults over age 21 will be able to grow under the same rules starting July 1, 2023.

3 Likes

I’m sure it could be done but u would have to take alot of ground with it like a tree ud risk bringing bugs into the house also. And in a window would not be best as windows block out most iv rays so it would be like having a light bulb on them basically with all the window protection. U would need pretty big pots also to support the root mass u would have to dig out. It would be a hell of a process to do and heavy ASF depending on plant size. How long do they have left

2 Likes

Well they are actually in grow bags!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I just found this out about your state.

https://www.ctinsider.com/projects/2023/faq-grow-cannabis-plants-ct/

Can I grow a marijuana plant in my yard?

Not according to state law. All cannabis plants must be grown indoors and may not be visible from the street.

Only a primary residence can be used, and plants must be grown where they cannot be accessed by individuals under 21 years old.

4 Likes

Stupid laws, some can grow, some can’t. Some can grow 6, some can grow 12. Some can grow outside, some can grow inside. Some can’t grow at all. Sorry, rant over.

5 Likes

I can’t believe they are flying helicopters around to catch a few plants… I’m scared now honestly

5 Likes

Have you considered a green house or a hoop house?

4 Likes

Have u moved them at all to see if they rooted to the ground. I’d still be super worried about bugs tho and I’d also see about some kind of light to keep them going good even hos lights on marketplace r cheap ASF and would get u thru them get some LEDs for next run unless u can find LEDs cheap enough.

4 Likes

It’s always best to do a few than many - many variables when growing outside - the law, marijuana plant stealers, ect. Yes !! move them inside and give them enough light for a 12/12 cycle (window for 12hrs then a closet for 12hrs. lack of sunlight will make the plants be ready early what type of light do you have ? regular bulb. cfls, ect Not to worry you can still get good smoke but maybe your yields will be affected

4 Likes

@chrisj can you respond to being tagged?

3 Likes