Advice? Too much water/Too little water?

image image

All 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨 fems

7 Likes

Hey @Hobbyist friends. What do you think?

4 Likes

And lets welcome @bsmith to the community! Glad to have you here!

6 Likes

Welcome looks to me like over watering or possibly ph issues

8 Likes

Wilkommen sie @bsmith
Lift pot to determine if “water weight” is present. And/or i would attempt to moisture test by using a rolled up paper probe, since i lack proper tools.
Proper tools: moisture meter.
I suspect a lil watering is needed. My 2 cents :v:

5 Likes

Yes, welcome @bsmith!
And I would agree with @deusoboy420 on this one , I will add that some of the newer strains sometimes have weird growth at first and then it fixes itself…

5 Likes

Welcome @bsmith !
I agree with @deusoboy420 aswell, the soil looks dry but the plant itself looks like it previously was overwatered at some point. Though its possible theyre just genetic mutants.

5 Likes

I agree with @silentk, lift the pot to determine if you’re overwatering. Also crispy droopy leaves generally indicate under watering and droopy turgid leaves indicate overwatering. I’ve never had good luck with soil that has a high bark content.

What is your growing style?

5 Likes

Too much water check out my post chris give me your opinion?

6 Likes

Dropping indicating over watering or funky mutation too as everyone else has suggested.

But after looking at the medium, hard to see tho but it looks decently dry Stick ur finger in the soil, should be able to tell Overwatering and always damp soil can lead to fungus gnats

Cheers,

Packee

5 Likes

Soil-Fox Farms Ocean/Forest in 3 gallon bags, ph 6.3 water, a little +Life bacteria/fungi, Kind LED K3 Series 2 XL300. (Indoor, 2.5x5 tent) 1st grow :slight_smile: This is one of 6, The most worrisome of the group. All auto fems

2 Likes

I find them darker than how they should usually look. Might be also a nitrogen excess coupled with over watering. Can lead to high stress and that f*cks the plant up. I’m not a crazy expert but we have to learn fast once we take that green path :joy:

2 Likes

Look good to me. I would wait until you get a little more height especially since auto’s. Don’t look like overwatering to me. I’m still trying to figure out the right amount of trimming (defoliation) daily, weekly, monthly? Ratio of leaves to pull …Keep sharing!

3 Likes

Appreciate the time & thoughts everyone :pray:t3::v:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

I keep my plants on the dry side and only give them what I know they need. Excessive moisture is the root of many evils. Your plants will tell you when they need moisture. They need less than you might think. As you live with your plants you will know. Touch the soil frequently and press your fingers into it for a accurate reading. If you need to, get a soil moisture meter. While they are in pots you can tell much by the weight of them.

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the wisdom. Top of the soil is dry. About an inch down I found a lot more moist than expected.

3 Likes

In order for the “lifting” technique to work, you have to know what the pot feels like before adding water to it, whether it’s a transplant or your just gettting started on your grow.

Once you have soil in the pot before you water it, you need to know that weight and use that.

I personally don’t advise the “knuckle technique” especially in a pot smaller than 3 gallons, and newer growers. (your favorite search engine does a better job at explaining it than I can)

Meters are useless unless you have a lot of money, the non-useless ones are big bucks.

4 Likes

Idk, looks like wilted from heat, stick your finger in the pot and push it in do you feel any moisture? They look thirsty and hot, how is the humidity? If it is wet let it dry out and your plants should pick back up in a day or two. Coco core eliminates these issues and allows much more air, looks like soil and perlite mix? Next time more perl.

Hi @canadianstorm ,Can you recommend a treatment for Nitrogen excess?

Are you in flowering or veg?

I would flush using triple the capacity of the pot of water and low levels of EC. Test the EC (water conductivity) to find out the salt saturation in the substrate, and if the case is extreme, don’t stop flushing until the nutrient levels in the substrate are the same than the water we are using for flushing. (I hope that makes sense, pretty high right now)

1 Like