Affordable good grow kit led and soil

What is a good grow kit that has everything needed but doesn’t break the bank looking under $500 if possible looking for led and soil based kit. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Eash420

Came in way over budget, sorry, $1500 plus, but its a full perpetual grow harvest system. What exactly are you looking for, just a flower cab?

SuperCloset Stealth Grow Boxes are the Award Winning Complete Automated Hydroponic Cabinet Systems that Come with Everything You Need to Effectively Grow Indoors.

Our Unique SuperPonics System Grows Your Plants Up to 5X Faster, Bigger, and Easier Than Any Other Stealth Grow Boxes.

Grow Your Own with the Only Fully Automated, Fully Assembled, Quiet, Safe, Beautiful, Air Tight, Light Tight, Locking, InfraCool, Powder Coated Stealth Grow Boxes, Designed to Fit Perfectly in Your Home!

3 Likes

Just looking for something to grow like 4-6 plants that will keep everything contained and maximize yield for indoor amateur grow for personal medical usage.

4 Likes

@rfletcher82 For 4 to 6 plants you need at least a 2 foot by 4 foot tent. A 4 x 4 would be better. By the time the plant spreads out, and you train them, then they will fill the tent.

You know what? You can do this for $500, but you will need a closet. What do you have already?

3 Likes

Yeah like @Homey says, what equipment do you have already, should be able to do it within your budget.

2 Likes

Your biggest cost to start is lights. $200 - $5,000
Next is your air handling system $100 - $200
Seeds Free to $100
Nutes ~$50

If you have a closet that you can use, lets get a measured sketch of it. Do you have any timers? fans? Any old aquarium stuff? What do you have that you can use now, and upgrade later as you get money? Especially a used laptop that still functions. If you have that, you can automate much of your grow.

You will need a bag of quality soil. A point of reference, dirt is used up soil, some people can get sensitive over that, and for some, its a running joke.
Soil anywhere from $10 to $40 / bag

Spend your money on lights. Nothing else will make as big a difference.

2 Likes

If you are ina legal area, used equipment can be very useful. I have spent more on nutes than my entire grow. Lots of bargain shopping. Fakebook marketplace, Amazon and eBay help out in your searches.

2 Likes

You do want to be incredibly picky. The wrong choice and you can pick up the problems of the previous grower. Bugs and molds and such. If you ask the owner proper questions to see why they are selling, you should be able to guage if they are honest.

2 Likes

Anything you buy used needs to be carefully cleaned with bleach or a water/Hydrogen peroxide mix.

2 Likes

I literally am using bare essentials pretty successfully, basic potting soil in a plastic pot, in closet with 2 10$ HDX led work lights lol. Probably a 30$ setup TBH

1 Like

Found this light… looks like it has good reviews

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t spend money on anything blurple-ly

1 Like

That’s a blurple. You don’t want that.

Here is a much better choice.
For $50 more you will grow plants instead of watching them in slow motion.

3 Likes

Are there any good decent quality kits that have everything?

2 Likes

If 500$ is the budget I think you might be better off piecing it together.

4 Likes

Not for 5 bones. You will have to add slowly to what you are already doing for that kind of money.

How are you growing now? Share some pix with us plz.

2 Likes

like I said bare minimum don’t judge…

6 Likes

If you carefully read the link I posted, you will see you can get the tent also for about $75 more. That is 2 of the biggest factors in one purchase.

3 Likes

Hey, that’s great. The girls look happy.
Do you have an oscillating fan on them? It makes them stronger.

2 Likes

Can get a 4’x8’x79” tent for $139.00
Can get 240-260 watt 301b Leds for $170 a pc
Needed 2… full spectrum
That’s $479 :joy:
Want cheaper get a 4’x4’x80” tent for $85
Use with one light at first
Total $255.00
Lots of options
Or

Buy that and one light $455.00 :v:t2:

2 Likes