Agricultural Show to debut Cannabis

This is where it all started, about 3 years ago I entered my chicken eggs into the Farmers produce category, exactly what I am doing this year. Earlier during the year, cannabis was decriminalized at our High Court and as I was going through the entry form, I said to a friend, hey I can enter live cannabis plants into several categories. I asked, they got back to me after some serious debate with the society that manages the non profit company and then agreed. The news that 2 plants would be on display his our national newspaper. The society then called me to sign some addendums to the entry form and once all the dust had settled, they agreed to having a dedicated hall. Dagga is the local name for cannabis.

5 Likes

This is cool.
YOU did this. You should be proud :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Funny enough, I am proud. Those videos above mean alot. First time I came out the closet for cannabis, got a bit of heat for the plants that were on display, but people are coming to the party. Hopefully this year is a banger, damn nervous.

Jules Stobbs: " Reclusive old fart " Good memories. But yes, it has grown into to something big, green and putting smiles on alot of peoples faces. Lets see how this year goes, and really looking forward to it all.

6 Likes

Inspiration my friend and hope for my country. Good luck this year.

4 Likes

The final design for cannabis hall lineup. Its going to be an irie weekend here in Bathurst. This time next week.

3 Likes

What an excellent weekend for the Bathurst Agricultural show and cannabis. We pulled it off. The weather was rain and more rain but the people still came through.

4 Likes

Well here it is growmies, thecannaclub.co.za just posted this awesome video of the event. More importantly it was so great that they ( and several others ) made the mission to get up to the event and travelled 300 miles to get here just for the rainy day. So this is the oldest Agricultural show in South Africa and during April 2022, cannabis made its mark on the event.

I setup a “Hotbox” coffee lounge in the Cannabis Hall to stream interviews with the people and companies that attended. Here is the first published interview with the Cannabis Co.

Dave Tait, a partner at Greensmokeroomseeds.com, was recently interviewed by Ray at the 2022 Bathurst Agricultural Show. Dave showcased GSR products and service offerings during the 3 day event and took some to talk about the history of GreenSmokeRoom and the GreenGrowRoom, and where they are heading. He also speaks of landraces and his favorite strains. One of the main sponsors for the 2020 - 2022 Bathurst Show.

3 Likes

Well we are just over 320 cycles around the sun and I am busy preparing a mammoth hall at the 113th Agricultural Show. So everything above and more. We have a major sponsor, growone.africa who is sponsoring a private adults smoking tent. About 5 social cannabis are attending too. I just published an article about 113th Bathurst Show and working on a dedicated Cannabis Hall article with the plan in place. Wish me luck guys, I need it, firing from the hip, writing down to do lists, and it seems with a little bit of faith, blood, tears it will all come together.

4 Likes

Even managed to get a cannabis plant in the center of the poster! Good on ya @chrisj! Props for educating on cannabis in your region. :clap:

4 Likes

Yip, one of my proudest moments to see a weed leaf next to the biggest sponsors like banks and auction houses. This year its going bigger, then we chill out with hopefully the same vibe. A private cannabis smoking tent 100ft x 30ft tent, directly connected to an outdoor craft ( gin, beer, rum ) bar. what could go wrong!! Well, its being discussed heavily as we need to control access as this a family show, and its an honour and privilege to have cannabis there.

4 Likes

This is a great photo :stuck_out_tongue:
Man on the right looking at the others like: “Might be the smallest man here, I have the biggest & best GOAT! :goat:” lmao

3 Likes

Happy to see a positive evolution there man. All due to your ongoing cannabis activism! Wish I could be there to witness it all…One day maybe.

4 Likes

Do a stop over flight from Europe to Auz. Breaks the trip in half, you can come work on the farm and get a tan. Been trying to coax @Slym3r into doing that since knowing him. Wish he was here now with his skills.

4 Likes

Awesome news just came in. I am busy working on the lineup of speakers at the 2023 show and Dr Shishka Gallow just confirmed she will speak on the 1st April. She is an over qualified PhD beauty pageant winner who is breaking the stigma about cannabis.

4 Likes

Getting my ducks in a row and working like a dawg. Finally got our cannabis themed poster out and advertising. Speakers are lined up and we are getting ready to rock.

4 Likes

Still recovering from a big shindig over the past 7 days. The 113th Bathurst Agricultural Show was a a great success for the local community, not just the cannabis community. We had a hall full of cannabis vendors from not just around the country but also from overseas. Companies from Denmark, USA and even Argentina were present to promote their products and services to visitors. Our main sponsor ( Growone.africa ) came with a huge team of social clubs and activists. The 4 day event did not go on without a hitch, but we got through. The lawnmower race was a hoot, the keys were lost half way through the race, but they managed to finish. Well done to the winners, Mama G’s and Soso for their entries into the “Best Craft Cannabis” competition.

3 Likes

Just some more pictures from the weekend.

4 Likes

Looks like tons of fun!

4 Likes

My bru, wish you were here, or the mods team, or growershouse.com. Next year, an african safari.

4 Likes

Im looking into a passport on Monday.

4 Likes