Agricultural Show to debut Cannabis

So recently it was confirmed by our local Agricultural Society that “cannabis” can be included into our 112th Agricultural show. For a conservative farming area this is an amazing opportunity. Not only may cannabis vendors attend with their legal products and services but also may enter cannabis plants for judging.

The Bathurst Agricultural Show has been run since 1848 and is the largest agri show of its kind in South Africa. Last year I managed to convince them that it was my legal right to enter cannabis as an agricultural crop. So I entered two cannabis plants into two different categories and also entered my eggs. I won two first prizes and got 2nd place for my eggs.

What has really made my day is that cannabis is now on the show’s poster and one of my clients is a main sponsor. His logo is next two some of the biggest bankers in the country. If you would like to enter or know more information about the show that is lit and legit, click here.

11 Likes

That’s Awesome! And congrats on your wins last year!

5 Likes

Thanks @zeus. This year I am not holding back. I am entering goats, pigs, cannabis and my eggs. Also entering the lawn mower race. I have psyched out the farmer who took first place for his eggs last year, told him I am tired of selling my eggs as the “2nd best” . And then of course cannabis. I am entering in a very special plant organically grown in a semi-hydro homemade pot. She will be well flowered by the time the show starts, 3,4,5, April.

9 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun! Lawn mower races, I assume it’s a ride on mower race sort of thing? I’ve yet to see one of those haha. Your lady sure does look like a winner there too :wink:

4 Likes

What does the homemade pot entail? Is it Coco coir by chance?

3 Likes

Yes sir, a straight round and round lawnmower race.

She was looking terrible in that picture, hot summer days and had been munched by the chickens. I will post a new picture. Maybe get some advice here on what I am missing. I will post a picture, her leaves are yellowing heavily and the stems are purple. Unlike her sisters in soil. Magnesium, nitrogen? Here she is after a morning photo shoot, looking like a lighter shade of yellow.

8 Likes

I am a little over the top and try and do everything myself. I love everything homemade. Homemade pot is mostly all homemade, soil, compost, rain water, the “hydro” pot was also made at home and seems to be working like a dream for self watering.

If I could share a sauce I was gifted on Sunday, homemade chilli and garlic, you would freak. Its totally different to anything I have tasted, not your usual chilli sauce. Its made from some Ethiopian brown chillies I gifted the farmer not to long ago. Its reminds me of a watered down wasabi sauce. It goes on everything, fire sauce.

6 Likes

Sitting with hoppiefrog here, he said it could be sensitivity to light or ph issues if you’re feeding it, if not it could be nutrient deficiencies, but those are just possibilities. Possibly over fed which could lock out nutrients. Is it light feeder?

Also, those lawn mower races look incredibly fun lol.

4 Likes

That’s great, lots of pride with doing things homemade! I absolutely love hot sauce & garlic so I can only imagine the delishousness :grin:

1 Like

Very light feeder, just good 'ol compost and tea. Hoping its not a ph issue, but I guess that is where it starts cause I need her to bud beautifully. The great thing about it being hydro is I can easily check the runoff water.

3 Likes

Hoppie said since it is a light feeder maybe try flushing it with ph’ed water . Ì suppose the run off test would tell you that though. He said he would still flush it though even if the ph is fine since its a light feeder. 1 quarter strength feed if possible. Hopefully it’s an easy fix!

You can call me the messenger :wink::joy:

5 Likes

Had my graphics design hat on this morning and finally created a poster I will posting around the next couple of weeks, The Green Sesh 2020. Well seems like everything is going towards a plan of sort, had no clue this was coming, but setup a fringe event called the Green Sesh. I dont even know what I am doing, but its going to be a smoking event. Craft cannabis, beer, gin, live plants on display. A local podcast show hotboxshow.co.za will be streaming live on friday evening from the event. Ony Jah knows what else.

What you guys/gals think of the poster I designed, copy paste, the Green Sesh logo I asked permission to use?

5 Likes

Looks awesome!

4 Likes

Dankie, thank you, nkosi. V2 is coming out after all the designers and stoners got back to me. Going to be lit.

5 Likes

Super nice logo! The first thing I thought was : it needs some bees… and then I found them :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:
So, for me, it’s perfect! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Das goed. I batteled to find the bee too, one that has been cutoff at the bottom too. Lovely logo, I agree… More coming.

4 Likes

I think it is legal to grow pot as some indoor plant.

3 Likes

Yes in SA its legal for private adult cultivation and consumption, however its a privacy right and not technically about growing pot.

4 Likes

Well just got the message today, and finally, our Agricultural Show has been cancelled. Its been bugging me for ages, was thinking of pulling the plug myself last week wednesday. What you must understand is the farming society is built by strong men, guys who know hardships and keep on ploughing. But our SA president addressed the country last night and put strict measures in place. Funny thing is I am relieved rather than down. Its kind of given me a new direction. Sad for the hundreds of stall holders, small businesses. But we dealing with bigger stormier waters in the future. Buckle and knuckle down guys, stay safe.

5 Likes

Glad to say within 2 weeks time, Cannabis will be making its debut at the oldest Agriculture Show in South Africa, the Bathurst Agricultural Show.

I have arranged a dedicated cannabis hall where the vendors below will be selling their cannabis products. We also have a cannabis plant category so people can enter their plants for judging and a certificate.

Some companies that will be trading:

Greensmokeroom Seeds
Quickbuyngrow
Qure.co.za
Growone.africa
The Hempress
Thecannabisco.co.za

Hosted by: Weedall_BeHappy and Cannabispromoter.com

What would an event be without music, The Survivals Reggae Band will be playing on the Saturday night from 6pm and also organised a new band, Renaegades to play to. The Survivals will be heading to the New York State fair at the end of August, so my friends in the USA will also be enjoying some homegrown South African reggae.

Looking forward to the weekend of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of April.

5 Likes