Ahhh tssss flush it flush it real good

Pretty much. The plant creates chemical precursors that are deposited in the trichroms and that chemically converts to the cannibenoid profile of that strain. Along with the terpenes as well. @TheMadFlascher ?

Marty

2 Likes

So I jus finally read a part that said THC is produced on the leaves in the resin glands

2 Likes

Ok, sorry Iā€™m late to the parade!!!
So actually, you are both right!! First off, remember the leaves are the plants factory, and any THC formation starts there! Now THC is at its highest levels in BOTH the flower bud AND the TRICHOMES.
The Trichomes are the resin glands. Also the TRICHOMES are certainly the MAIN source of all our TERPINES. The leaves will have some THC content, but leaves (without trichomes) have essentially no Terpenes.
LOL, in the 60ā€™s all we ever smoked were leaves and sometimes a few seeds! LOL, if you could endure the harsh taste those leaves would get you high! I look back and in 1968 if I had some of todays buds Iā€™d have been LEGEND!!!
Hope that helps a little!!

5 Likes

Wow I thought I wasnā€™t wrong I was thinking to my self have I really had it wrong this whole time

Man u got to live thru it I couldnā€™t imagine smoking jus leaves ur lungs must be charred no offense but the weed uv got to see it change over the years itā€™s got to be a pretty cool life IV only been in the growing game 12 years and I remember when there wasnā€™t anything but brickd up mids in my life and u even got to see the weed before that itā€™s pretty amazing

Thatā€™s the thing I was sayingā€¦wasnā€™t saying that leaves canā€™t get you high, was saying that leaves without trichromes, donā€™t get you high. Thatā€™s why everyone keeps and makes stuff out of the sugar leaves crusted with trichromesā€¦but we throw away the big shade leaves with no trichrmes.

Marty

I thought u were saying that THC isnā€™t in the foliage Wich it is itā€™s not just in sugar leavs itā€™s in fan leaves to

1 Like

Again it ISNā€™T ā€œinā€ the leaves. THC and the other canniboids are ONLY produced in the trichromes. Here is a excerp from the internet.

Is THC only in trichomes?

THC and other cannabinoids are produced in only one place on the cannabis plant: Inside the heads of trichomes. Two types of organelles (tiny organs) in the plant cells at the base of the trichomeā€™s head work to combine their products.May 29, 2017

If the leaves donā€™t have trichromes on them they will not get you high.

Marty

The peach I read in a Bible said resin glads exist all over the plant so thc production doesnā€™t start in ur leave only in the gland on the leavs

Which is part of the leaf of flowering part of the plant ? Or maybe Iā€™m not understanding it fully

Il get back w u guys later Iā€™m at the park w my kidos

1 Like

LOL, Hey Guys!!!
Just be glad we got big fat buds now and donā€™t have to deal with smoking leaves anymore!!!1

2 Likes

This is true ahahaha hope u guys have a good day

1 Like

I never smoked leaves even when all that was around was Mexican brick. It was still flowers, thatā€™s why it was also full of seeds too.

1 Like