Air scruber size needed

what size air scurbber needed for a 4by4 room , want to reduce smell of flowering plants. know the is a formula to determin size of fan in a room (CFM’s) is there a formuls to determine size of ? any good recommendations- ? Peace do fans come with scrubbers (built in) or just have to add to ?

3 Likes

I use a 6" ozone generators from bigblue. But the best is the 12" its what im buying next. I already run 3 of 6" big blue units on 3 4x4 tents. And they barely do the job. So i would recommend 8" or bigger. And i pre filter all of the tents to remove fine dust before it hits the uv ligh bulbs.

https://www.bghydro.com/big-blue-ozone-generator-12.html

5 Likes

Thanks a bunch --------- will be checking them out

2 Likes

Hi @HawkMan

Here is an ozone generator offered by growershouse that will cover your area nicely.

Or a carbon filter attached after your extraction fan could do the trick:

4 Likes

Thanks much for your information - was going to look at growershouse.com. Dose anyone have this issue with growerhouse site - have many many e-mails from the and when I go to site it states “dangerous site” comes up, the only way to access this (growerhouse) is to go thru thios site ?? Will get the address (that it shows) name of that keeps comming up, seems I get one just about every othe day

2 Likes

Ozonated air needs to mix to be effective. And ozone breaks down everything organic. You cannot have ozenated air in a grow room with plants. It will damage the plants. They start to get little brown speckles as the ozone attacks the plants. The ozone scrubbed air then needs to be refiltered again or discharged outdoor. I run a series of “s” shapes in my ducting and its no less than 25’ of vent ducting going back an forth ontop of the tent so i get the most effective use of the ozone as it bounces around and hits the bends and mixes. I also do not use smooth ducting. Because the pleated stuff mixes air better.

4 Likes

so that bar is the OZONE Genetator ? see it’s a outlet bar right ? if so that might be the only thing one needs - no filter right ? if so that is great !!! A review of the Ozone Generator

3 Likes

Just edited your link @HawkMan, it was to the wrong site.

3 Likes

Thanks for the Help “chrisj” !!!

2 Likes