Air tight sliding door - is it possible?

If I’m able to have a sliding door in my shed, I can put 6 lights instead of 4. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use for this? Or should I use a traditional door and only rock 4 lights?

7 Likes

Silicone lol. Ourse you have to buy 4 months of food and a Brunson burner and live in there lol

2 Likes

Hey @growingnoob , Interesting question, not to sure your exact setup but I used to attach thick black plastic on a standard door around the rim on the inside of the grow room. It was there for a couple reasons, light leaks inside and out, aswell as prevent noise from fans coming into the house and raising unwanted attention. I remember it used to create a suction when you closed door. It worked damn well.

9 Likes

I’ve had a similar problem with sliding doors in the past. And what I’ve done is thick black out curtains on the inside and black plastic on the sliding glass doors themselves. That has worked for me

4 Likes

Could you seal it with rubber like the strips you have in a car door but a roll of it around the door ?

Just a idea…

You would want the frame on inside of sliding door to be smaller to give you the over lap and the rubber on the door to keep it airtight and smell free outside the door.

1 Like

Just assuming because the door swings in???..or did I miss it?

2 Likes

@bow4buck
It’s a sliding door he wants, he currently has normal opening one but wants More space.

2 Likes

@bang4buck

Now I get you haha ,yeah that must be why.

2 Likes

RV slide seals inside and out at the top and bottom of the door and both sides of the pocket then rubber weather stripping at the closure might do it.

2 Likes

Something like this… it’s a flat, flexible seal that attaches to the fixed point and folds back and forth as the slide moves in and out.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean they’d do it perfect for a good seal you would need it to fit firmly in roll guides so door doesn’t wobble if your going with sliding door.

3 Likes

@ado666 yeah he said because of lights so I just assumed the door swings in and would hit the lights. Sawzall and some nails, just flip the door ya got. Not sure if thats the problem though.:grin::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes