Algae already

Just 2 days and I noticed my reservoir started to become cloudy.
I did notice the drain was letting light directly into the res, so I threaded the ebb/flow drain cover on, which blocks it now. I drained the res, sterilized it with h202, soaked the pumps in h202 and refilled with fresh rodi and nutes again. This time I did not add Bioag Ful-power, but I did add about 20ml of 35% h202 before adding nutes. Should I try this again for a couple days? Maybe something residual from the pumps carried over or perhaps try the air stones?

Info:
12 gallons RODI water, Armor SI, GH calimagic, GH 3 part, Bioag Ful-power
PH 6
No Air stones
Temp 70-74

2 Likes

This is what I use. Waters perfectly clear.

2 Likes

I use it at at least half strength

2 Likes

Dude that’s an awesome set up I think that when I go hydro I’m guna get a ebb and flow table

2 Likes

Thanks, its the 3x3 ID botanicare, fits perfectly in the 4x4 tent.

I will pickup some UCroots and report back.

3 Likes

I used that too on your reccomending it last year when I was fumbling around with hydro lol. It cleaned it right up. Took my whole system apart though and cleaned everything including the airstones.

Marty

2 Likes

@Slym3r hit it on the head…microbial contamination is more problematic in hydro systems. All that nutrient and oxygen stimulates the little buggers…

2 Likes

I use UC Roots in my Turboklone it keeps it from getting slimy while cloning!

2 Likes

2ml per gallon?

2 Likes

1-2 ml/per gallon. It helps keep it clean and it seems to help the roots very well!
My TURBOKLONE SETUP

1. 20 ml Clonex solution per gallon of water.
  2. 1 drop Superthrive per gallon of water.
  3. 1 ml of UC Root per gallon of water.
  4. PH to 6.0

Next time I clone I’m going to use Hormex instead of Superthrive at about 5 ml/gallon.
roots

3 Likes

So off topic but my Rodi buddy system ran all night accidently, fortunately I had a float valve. Would my best bet be to replace the filters at this point, I will check ppm first I guess.

1 Like

I watch the PPM’s for replacement. If you’re using the 50 per day they should be good for a minimum of 6 months. I change mine out when the R/O water starts PPM’s hit between 3 and 5. It really depends on the water quality going into the system.

2 Likes

Ok it’s the 100 gallon system. The deionizer is wearing out but I have a backup already. I’ll check ppm today.

3 Likes