🎃 AMA With Adam Pound of AgraTech Wed Oct 31st 11 AM PST

we use multiple environmental controls to handle equipment inside the greenhouse depending upon complexity we’d point you in the right direction

4 Likes

What outside temperatures start upping green house costs?

3 Likes

Conditions more so

2 Likes

it’s crop dependent for sure, i’ve seen a lot done with a little and i’ve folks with all the bells and whistles struggle

3 Likes

yearly deltas of more than 40*

3 Likes

Cannabis, just curios as I have never grown in a green house but I do know it has effecting even indoor growing and my drying and curing rooms in the past, I am also looking into vegetable but for now just cannabis. Huge power spikes in the summer months exp

2 Likes

I am in Canada where we can see a damp -20C for a month or two with 5-15 ft of snow

3 Likes

heat, dehum, and lighting will be necessary. the goal of the greenhouse is to keep you within a set of ideal parameters so the output is the same everyday/cycle of the year

3 Likes

Yah I have all of those in place. just curios if the green houses have and restrictions. my rooms all ways have a vacuum on the to guaranty it is its own controlled environment.

3 Likes

:wave:Hey Adam, Happy Halloween! Thanks for hosting this really informative AMA!:slightly_smiling_face:

How does AgraTech differ from the competition out there? Do you offer consulting services?

What is the difference between Polycarbonate & Glass?

Do you hire greenhouse contractors who have worked for other companies? How many members are on your team?

Thanks again!

Happy chatting and growing!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

4 Likes

That’s what I was trying to ask thnx

3 Likes

The truss design of the Solar Light’s purpose is to collect condensation from the covering and prevent it from falling on to crops and ground. Condensation on Cannabis flowers lead to disease, quality loss, and culling. here is a link Commercial Greenhouse Solar Light | Natural Ventilation

3 Likes

correct air movement is major

3 Likes

along side VPD in my opinion

4 Likes

Hey Adam! Thanks for hosting the AMA. I saw earlier you said something about concrete floors being a tool in sanitation. Do you ever use epoxies or coatings for the floors of your greenhouses? If so, which kind?

Thanks,
Mike

4 Likes

Hello @adam.pound,

I have a question you may have information on but may be more of a grower issue,

Do you think Greenhouse grown Cannabis is on par with indoor grown?

I ask because there is regularly a price gap between greenhouse and indoor craft cannabis.

4 Likes

Agra Tech was ranked #1 for 7 years by a leading publication who sent industry surveys out to growers and users just like you. the survey determined for 7 years we were #1 in Innovation, Knowledge, Service, ROI, Reputation. We are very proud of this and on a daily basis we consult on efficiency and energy, we take a Plantcentric approach to your project. we do not sell package 37, we sell you a Kareenabis420 package.

plastic vs glass is certainly a debate. we believe it has its place in Holland where there is minimal sunlight but for most of the US we get much highly light levels

we have a 47 year old network of builders we introduce a customer to 3 or 4 who we feel can best service you.

4 Likes

yes it is a crucial part in sanitation and keeping your cement in a good condition. there are varies colours and types depending on your needs. sorry if I am not supposed to answer

4 Likes

Hemp is becoming a huge sub statue for plastic are there and hemp Plastic options?

4 Likes

i can’t say i have a favorite reflective coatings are nice

4 Likes