šŸƒ AMA With Andrew Savage with Downtown Cultivation Wed. Nov 21st 11 AM PST

Roughly 50k square feet.

Currently we have over 10k sq ft of canopy space. That includes propagation, veg and flower rooms.

And we arenā€™t done expanding!

5 Likes

Good question,

We are indoors and we are currently vertical in our veg space. Once expansion is completel, the general rule of thumb is about 25/30% of Veg to 75% of your flower canopy.

You can stack your Veg and spread it out once you flip to flower.

5 Likes

Thanks!

We have measures in place that keeps us on top of things, daily. It feels like the Arizona cannabis industry is constantly changing, so paying attention to law changes and regulations is a big part of our compliance regiment.

Just waking up every morning and checking the news is a great way to stay ahead.

4 Likes

I can tie into that question on compliance, @Kareenabis420: Iā€™m sitting next to Elizabeth who is getting drowned in a stack of plant tags!

What tracking system are you using to stay on top of all this facility?

10 Likes

MJ is pretty solid, and tracking is a MUST. Unless, of course, someone has a dream of being shut down.

Iā€™ve heard that MJ doesnā€™t always make it easy to pull reports and really customize the types of yield metrics that you can trend. Talking software, and with all respect for the number of solutions available, whatā€™s been the biggest trouble with using MJ? And what sealed the deal with them? Is it the incumbency in the cannabi tech space or something else?

5 Likes

MJ Freeway currently.

There are others, though.

4 Likes

They say the best comedy is the truth. This picture says it allā€¦

4 Likes

Letā€™s chat for a sec about Cold Cured Cannabis. I see the billboards all over town and it seems to be a big part of your overall marketing and branding strategy. You showed me the massive cure space and explained it briefly to meā€¦Can you tell our members what Cold Cured Cannabis actually entails?

5 Likes

MJ definitely has itā€™s problems, like with anything.

It was really the best of two evils type of thing. When I started with this company 2 years ago, they were already on MJ Freeway and liked the integration on the retail side.

Thatā€™s why I tell people with a programming background to get into the cannabis industry. User functionality can use an upgrade in the state of Arizona.

Itā€™s still kind of ā€œthe wild westā€ when it comes to the little things like that.

5 Likes

Itā€™s definitely the wild west with solid software solutions. We all have our gaps and strengths. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been curious about it, because supergrower is a similar company, but with a more holistic ERP approach that does much more than just track and trace.

Enough about me though. Tell us about Cold Curing!

6 Likes

Hey Savage! Great AMA. Iā€™m really interested in pest management and I was hoping youā€™d tell us a bit about your IPM program.

5 Likes

could you give us the rundown of your fert recipie?

4 Likes

we use Veg Bloom and are seeing great success. We have used many different fertilizers over the years and consistency is nice with Veg Bloom RO soft, with other amendments here and there.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty impressive! Savage just took me to the cure room and showed us some very cool tech and processes:

10 Likes

Do you have any issues with getting Veg/Bloom to completely dissolve? We have been toying with it in R&D and are having an issue getting it dissolved without serious mixing using a pump.

6 Likes

General rule of thumb:

Be proactive. Not reactive.

If youā€™re environment is dialed in, look into beneficial insects.

If you do have to spray, stay OMRI listed and/or stick with all natural oils and surfactants.

4 Likes

good question,

depending on the specific line of Veg Bloom you use, you will have problems with mixing. Air stones and big circulating pumps work. Be patient and let it fully mix.

We use the RO Soft V+B

4 Likes

These machines are seriously BADASS! Iā€™ve been in a lot of drying/curing spaces but Iā€™ve never seen these in there:

What can you tell me about these beasts?

7 Likes

Hey @memberdirectory, we are having a lively AMA Live! with Andrew Savage from Downtown Cultivationā€¦cā€™mon over and join the party!

5 Likes

We really lucked out when we moved into this building.

Our Cure room is the old server room. So these two 15 ton Liebert systems use to cool down a heavy heat load.

They cool, humidify and vent through the floor. So our cure room is stable and kept at 60 degrees, 60 percent humidity.

Hangs on the line for roughly 10 days, goes to hand trim, comes back and cures for another 5 in glass jars.

Pretty sweet set up and very lucky to have it

12 Likes