🍃 AMA With Andrew Savage with Downtown Cultivation Wed. Nov 21st 11 AM PST

Looks and smells great to me!

7 Likes

Nothing better than inheriting some proprietary advantage!!

5 Likes

How many cultivars are you generally growing in the facility and what’s been the best seller for your market?

How do you describe the AZ market? Is AZ focusing on the high THC strains? Does % count to your end consumer?

6 Likes

The AZ market is… different. That’s really the best way to say it. It varies state to state obviously.

Roughly we hover around 40 strains.

We have been doing R&D and an extensive breeding program the last year so we have some new genetics that are coming down the pipe.

We kept 3 males of Purple Punch 2.0, Mimosa and Purple Starburst. So, we figured why not? Let’s breed these guys!

AZ is currently focusing on high THC. The 1:1 market is starting to bud and of course we all know the unicorn is the Hemp industry.

7 Likes

A lot of our customers and patients know what they like and expect to consume it.

Education is so important in this industry.

4 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I think most members are on this network. Collaborating and working together to build a true cannabis community. Can you give an example of at least one of the education hurdles that you have overcome/continue to confront with customers?

8 Likes

Arizona’s license structure is vertically-integrated and your team had definitely taken advantage of all that license structure has to offer! Your lab is pretty impressive. Can you share the different extraction methods that you currently utilize?

5 Likes

Patients don’t like change. Taking that leap of faith is the hardest obstacle I’ve seen. They love their indica and hesitate to try a new hybrid, vice versa.

Keeping consistency as well.

4 Likes

What kind of lights do you prefer?

4 Likes

We have an extensive BHO lab set up with various rooms that run several machines. Short path distillate for the iLava cartridges we make.

Our lab manager David would gladly answer any more questions about our extract lab.

5 Likes

Do I see a future extraction AMA on the horizon…?

5 Likes

I like our Solis Tek 6K DE MH’s in our veg space. And the 1000w HPS DE in our flower rooms. We are currently testing other products such as LED bars and the new Spyder 2 LED light.

Good ole HID bulbs have been successful for me. Of course, nothing beats the sun!

5 Likes

You just might be seeing it soon!

2 Likes

Do you measure moisture of buds in curing room to see if they are ready for extraction?

4 Likes

These bloom rooms are pretty large. How many square feet do you currently dedicate to flowering?

8 Likes

We use our fresh product day of harvest for our live resin and we use our 14 day cured buds for other extraction.

We use our knowledge and experience to make the final decision.

4 Likes

Our current set up is over 5,000 sq ft of flowering space. That is divided into 2 flower rooms with 4-5 more coming.

That’s just flower, overall including the mother area and Veg we hit over 10k sq ft.

3 Likes

Do you use clones or seeds

2 Likes

Both!

We have a pretty large propagation area. Mostly clones though.

We use seeds when we need to do small trial runs.

We pheno hunt from our seed selection as well. We have a pretty extensive seed bank that we have been collecting for over the years.

Keep your eyes and ears open!

4 Likes

What size pots do you use for flowering

4 Likes