🍃 AMA With Andrew Savage with Downtown Cultivation Wed. Nov 21st 11 AM PST

For a facility the size you are running what would be your ideal environment sensor spacing and what is the reality in terms of how many environment sensors do you actually get to hang and what is the limiting factor?

You have a very impressive setup going there.

5 Likes

These propagation/mother area is very clean! This is the basis for your whole facility…what SOPs do you maintain to keep it so clean and the plants so healthy?

7 Likes

3 gallon Root Pouch!

4 Likes

That’s a great question.

Obviously, the more the better! In a perfect world, sensors spaced every 10 feet over every table would be ideal. We are currently looking into the Pelican system for all controls.

We currently have 10 sensors per room. Would like to have more.

I really like products that are cellular subscription based in case of a power outage, but if you have generator back up, wifi is nice too.

Thanks!

6 Likes

We have an extensive SOP program when it comes to sanitation, plant mitigating and cross contamination.

Having a proactive IPM program is so important.

Also, training is one of the most important things that goes unnoticed

8 Likes

@savage, thanks again for taking the time out of your super-busy schedule to answer our questions today. If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them here and @savage will get back to you.

Thanks for a super informative edition of our AMA Live!

5 Likes

Andrew, thanks for taking the time to share with us and I hope you and all members/staff of GNET have a great Thanksgiving weekend

4 Likes

Thanks for that, very informative.

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1 Like

Thank you.

2 Likes

Epic, truly.

4 Likes

Hi Andrew @savage, Thanks for sharing your time with us.
Im wondering what made you move to aeroponic cloning?
Also, Are you having trouble transplanting the aeroponic clones?
Best.

3 Likes

@savage Great Work !! Place looks awesome . I have asked several facilities this question and I haven’t been able to get a solid answer. So hopefully I didnt misss this answer in the comments. But do you have a budget for nutrient and soil at your facility ? How do you determine what the best program is for your crop. Are you open to trying new programs ?
I am a start up. 3 years in and we have gathered research and development. A program we have now set is 2 lb per light using 1000 watt gavita . This program was documented. What do you average per light and what are your expectations ?
I do agree with you That IPM is everything .
Thank you in advanced

3 Likes

I’ll have what he’s having!
giphy%20(1)

1 Like