šŸƒ AMA with Canna Cribs Producer Jason Sikorsky

This week we will be doing a deep dive into Deep Roots, the new series from our team at Canna Cribs. We are excited to bring back to the GN Community the Producer of Canna Cribs, Jason Sikorsky.

• Who: Jason Sikorsky
  • What: Deep Dive into Deep Roots
  • Where: The GNET private forum
  • When: Wednesday, July 3rd at 11 AM PST

The Canna Cribs team is always working hard to bring you cutting edge cannabis content. The most recent new release is Deep Roots. The man behind the cameras will be joining us to go deep into the episode. We are always stoked to welcome Jason Sikorsky to the forum to learn more about our favorite show.

Start seeding those question right HERE!

5 Likes

@memberdirectory, the AMA is starting in one hour. If you have not yet checked out the new Canna Cribs concept, check it out here:

6 Likes

Hey Jason, The video editing seems top notch. Do you do it?

7 Likes

Hey @vritzka!

Thanks for the compliment! As producer I oversee the post-production process and give feedback but ultimately the editing itself is done by Bao Nguyen! He also edits Canna Cribs as well.

6 Likes

This AMA is off and running! Folks, get your questions in for @jdsikorsky!

4 Likes

@jdsikorsky the concept for this new show is very cool. Where did the inspiration for Deep Roots originate.

@nick, the creator of Canna Cribs may be able to offer some insight here too

5 Likes

@Growernick our concept originated from the idea of creating a series that blends industry with culture. Our main source of inspiration to get this off the ground was Anthony Bourdain (RIP) blended with Canna Cribs. We watched a TON of ā€˜Parts Unknownā€™ to find inspiration in style and narrative. Great show! Check it out on Netflix :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Right on! Anthony Bourdain has been inspiring people for years, what an interesting idea for a show. Can you give us a rundown of the basic formula for the show? What ingredients go into a great episode of Deep Roots?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take this one. Deep Roots is about cannabis culture as well as growing so you need a facility obviously, but the town is important too. Denver was a great first episode for that reason, the town is sticky with cannabis culture. Thatā€™s what really separates it from the flagship series. An impressive grow is an impressive grow wherever it is, but finding a good place to dive into other aspects is key.

Ingredients for a Deep Roots episode:
Cannabis
Culture
A twist of lime

4 Likes

Denver seems like an ideal place for the first Deep Roots seeing as it was the epicenter for legalization and the first major U.S. city to roll it out. Colorado is an amazing state and cannabis is everywhere! You have filmed a few Canna Cribs there. What is your favorite part about filming in Colorado?

4 Likes

Personally I really like Denver. Great people and great food! Lotā€™s of culture. Iā€™m not so sure if I enjoy the cold though but otherwise a fun state to visit.

4 Likes

Denver is a very cool place with a very interesting cannabis scene. Speaking of scenes, our culture is pretty interesting down here in the Southwest; any plans to film here?

Where will the next Deep Roots be filmed?

4 Likes

We have episodes currently lined up in Oregon and we are currently looking at other episodes in California and Arizona! We are excited to be heading out in the near future and get some more episodes up for you all.

4 Likes

How might people get in touch with you if they have good ideas for farms or restaurants in future episodes?

3 Likes

Messaging me on here or emailing me at jason@cannacribs.org works!

Thanks so much for having me on this AMA.
Hope people can read through my responses to get some more insight to ā€˜Deep Rootsā€™!

4 Likes

Hold up, @jdsikorsky. Iā€™ve got one more:

Where did Nate go?

We love seeing Cameron, but I know people are wondering what happened to the host of Canna Cribs?

4 Likes

Maybe Nate will be making a guest appearance on a future episode soon :wink:

4 Likes

Weā€™ll look forward to that! Thanks for taking the time to be here with us today, @jdsikorsky

4 Likes