AMA With Dana Mosman from Triminator Wed Oct 10th 11AM PST

We sell more of the dry, but we also have more price points and models in that line. It also varies from year to year and market to market.

4 Likes

What is the composition of the mist that sprays on the machine as part of the Resin Repel system? Is it just water?

4 Likes

Yes it is just a super fine water mist. Just enough, not to much, and no it doesn’t get the buds wet.

6 Likes

Hey there, GNET @memberdirectory, we are off to a great start with this week’s AMA with @Dana from Triminator. We are talking shucking and bucking, trimming and binning in another great GNET AMA.

C’mon down and join the party!

3 Likes

I grow sticky buds. I like to dry trim. Is there a system to minimize resin buildup on the dry trimmer? How do you minimize ending up with mountains of resin clogging things up in the dry system?

4 Likes

Sticky buds are what should be grown! The dry trimmer has a proprietary composite cutting blade which resists resin build up, but like all good things that only goes so far if your buds are super sticky. If you want to trim continuously though, you can can trim non stop with a optional second drum which you can swap out, tool free, in a few seconds. That way you can have one cleaning and one trimming all the time.

6 Likes

Hi Dana! I’m wondering how difficult it’s been to convince “hand trim diehards” to use your trimmers? How have you been able to convert them?

3 Likes

Hi,

how dry should the Material be before being trimmed with your machine?

4 Likes

Great question! The way we look at our machines and the process in general is that they are tools for productivity and profitability. When you look at it that way it doesn’t box you into the Hand vs Machine trim debate. Of course hand trimming is great, no doubt about it a machine will never match the human touch of hand trimming, but it is expensive and comes with a lot of complexity all the way through the process. As we look towards legal markets, growers now have to recognize that every trimmer costs them more than the hourly or per pound rate, but there is the health and safety aspect, the management aspect and the consistency and quality control aspect, the “burden” if you will. When you account for all those variables, you end up looking for tools to help you with the process like trimmers, buckers etc. If people are still skeptical, I always encourage them to try it on low risk products, smalls they wouldn’t normally trim for example. Once they get comfortable with that, I encourage them to keep looking for places to add it to their process, most of the time they are pleased and surprised with the results.

7 Likes

For the dry it needs to be around 10% moisture content.

5 Likes

I guess “the bottom line” would be the best argument, especially as prices drop, as you mentioned. Thanks for such a thorough response!

3 Likes

Hey @dana Thanks for hosting this AMA!

Do you find your customers being more interested in your mini portable trimmers or your XL versions?

Does it depend on the size of their operation or price preference?

Thanks!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

2 Likes

Hey Dana, thanks for the AMA! What is the maintenance like with a Triminator trimmer? Always a question when there are moving parts.

4 Likes

It really depends on the customer size, we have a size for everyone and every price point. Home growers like the mini, big commercial facilities want the XL, very operation dependent.

3 Likes

What are you price ranges for the mini all the way on up to the XL?

2 Likes

Hey Will, my pleasure. Basically the maintenance on the dry units is just cleaning them. On the wet and the bucker they get pressure washed frequently so they need a little grease on bearings etc every once in a while, but those are commercial grade machines so its expected when you are processing thousands of lbs.

5 Likes

Prices range from around $2,700 to $11,000 for the XL. On the Bucker which we are releasing this week :wink: we’ve got prices from $11K to $17K for an industrial level machine.

4 Likes

What kind of ongoing support do you offer your clients after they have purchased a Triminator?

1 Like

We are always available 9-5 M-F for any kinds of questions or issues that come up. We offer a 2 year warranty on all products and are happy to work through any issues. In harvest season we are available as needed 24/7 and respond nights weekends etc, we’ll always get back to you.

4 Likes

Heyy @niki, @jon, @dbryan, @sean, @jerome, @tlmcconn, @townsend57, @plgrowsystems, @karla, @rldavis, @mike.rochon, @philgilbert2, @yrenbutcher, @omykiss1953, @hi_shinji, @Dr_Shaw, @Dubcab602, @AltMedReed, @Deanna, @shane1, @AmericanWeedwolf, @Rita, @nikki, @GreenBroz, @redbarngrowers, @Flyingeaglefarm

Thank you ALL for being online during this AMA with @dana from Triminator.

I know this AMA session is coming to an end, but your likes, questions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Please don’t hesitate to jump on in and ask him any questions you think are relevant to your company or operation. (Even after it’s over. Send him a DM.)

No question is a bad question.

Thank you ALL for being members in our community.

Thanks again to @dana for your answers and for hosting this very informative AMA!!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

8 Likes