AMA With Dana Mosman from Triminator Wed Oct 10th 11AM PST

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THIS COMING WEDNESDAY

Are you ready to learn about the “Science of Trimming” for a superior cannabis product?

Who: Dana Mosman @dana from Triminator
What: Trim Science For a Better Bud
Where: Right Here
When : Wednesday, October 10th at 11 AM PST

Triminator, born and built in Northern California, offers harvesting & processing automation for commercial and boutique grow operations. With more than 30 years of engineering experience Triminator has revolutionized processing times for cannabis and provides the fastest, most precise trimmers on the market while maintaining product integrity and purity. All Triminators are 100% lubricant free and designed to offer a gentle interaction with the flower and trim.

Triminator contact info:

https://www.instagram.com/thetriminator/
1-530-265-4277

9 Likes

Good morning guys, happy to be here today!

5 Likes

This is going to be another fun and informative AMA. I love it when the trim companies come on for an AMA! There are always some cutting-edge conversations!

4 Likes

Good morning, Dana! So great to have you here! I know you guys run a busy operation over there at Triminator, especially during harvest season :joy:

Thanks for taking time today to be here for another gripping edition of our Growers Network AMA!

3 Likes

Absolutely, things are super busy for us right now as you can imagine, but always happy to spend some time with this group and get some discussion going.

3 Likes

I’ll fire things off on this AMA with a favorite question I like to ask everyone: since we all come from fairly diverse backgrounds with the confluence being cannabis, how did you come to find your way into the cannabis industry?

3 Likes

No doubt, that is one of the things I love about this industry is the mix of people and backgrounds who are involved. I started Triminator with my father in 2012, prior to that I was managing a large solar company in Colorado, and I have a business degree as well. We started Triminator after a bunch of our neighbors asked my father who is an engineer/inventor if he could help them speed up their harvests and that kicked things off for us.

5 Likes

Heheh that’s funny ! :blush::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What advances are you hoping to see in automated trimming?

Also, I’ve heard of a lot of people using automated trimmers for a rough cut with a human touchup. Any thoughts on that?

4 Likes

Yeah, the area I grew up in is a great community of growers and my fathers background in forestry equipment made it a great fit.

5 Likes

True, it’s so interesting to get to know someone with whom you are working and discover the professional origins from which they emerged…then you burn one down together and learn how much we all really have in common. I love cannabis for this phenomenon!

Did you nail it on the first try? How many prototypes did you go through in the R & D phase?

4 Likes

In terms of the advances I think we are going to see a lot more automation and integration as time goes on, we aren’t hoping for it, we’re driving it so we won’t be waiting around :wink:

In terms of the rough cut question, absolutely. We view all our products; trimmers, presses, buckers etc as a tool, the more comfortable and familiar you are with how to use your tools the more successful you will be.

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone nails it on the first try, but we did well. We got close, learned from our prototypes and worked to make them better. It took us roughly 3 years of initial development on the first unit which actually was our wet machine that we still produce today.

4 Likes

Hi Dana,

Thanks for joining us today and taking questions. I have heard great reviews of your machines but have not experienced them personally. Can you please tell us what sets Triminator apart from other Wet and Dry trimmers on the market?

Looking forward to your response, Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey Brendan,

I think there are a few things that set us a part. First we look at the whole process when designing a machine, where the material starts, what are its properties during the process and what is the desired end result. From there we really have a great picture of what the grower needs from the machine and we design it specific for that.
On the wet, we learned that growers want to process huge volumes of product quickly, and they want to do this in a short window of time. Based on that we created the largest wet trimmer on the market with a self cleaning system. This means growers can trim all day without stopping to clean. On the dry we learned that people don’t want to impact the flower with lubricants or vacuums because the trim is going to extract so we designed a machine that is lubricant free, gentle on the flower and the trim. This trims the flower perfectly for retail and keeps the trim intact for solventless extract.

8 Likes

What are considerations that must be made in manufacturing between your wet and dry machines? Are they build on similar engineering platforms? Are there many interchangeable parts?

4 Likes

How were you able to mitigate the buildup of resins on your trimming machine with solventless technology?

4 Likes

They are really very different, they use different engineering principles and don’t have any shared parts. From an engineering and logistics perspective this increases complexity, but we believe it yields better products, end results and price points for the customer so we are happy for the trade off.

5 Likes

We mitigate the build up with the combination of proprietary food safe materials (dry) and our patented Resin-Repel system on the wet, which basically puts a very fine layer of mist on the drum which helps keep it clean. We have our units in some of the largest, most industrial grows in the country so we know it works!

5 Likes

Which model do you sell more units of, wet or dry?

3 Likes