🍃 AMA with Eric Olsen of High Caliper Growing (AKA Smart Pots) Wednesday, June 26th at 11 AM PST

I like Smart Pots because the company has been around for 35 years, and cannabis has only really used us for maybe 15. The company has done a good job of coming out with new Smart Pots products that appeals to traditional veggie/herb growers who shop at traditional garden stores.

Where do I see the community in 5 years? In California, about where it is now. As long as taxes are high, there will always be a black market. The big companies will always get bigger and smaller growers will get priced out. However, there will always be home growers who do personal deals. I think the hydro stores in CA that are still open, will continue to be open for another 2-3 years pretty easily.

If Trump, pulls the Trump Card, and pulls MJ off of Schedule I, then it will be inter-state trading of cannabis and who knows where the industry will go! lol

4 Likes

That said, if youre a soil grower of cannabis, and you’ve used Smart Pots, you are usually hooked for life, like me. Smart Pots is here to stay, as long as everyone else is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I second that, smart pots where one of the best things I ever heard, learned about in growing.

4 Likes

with all the new technology coming out and sciences, like growing cannabinoids on yeast, if that happens, this industry is gonna get weird, and maybe scientifically driven? Where growing might look really different, what do you say?

4 Likes

We appreciate our customers. We know there are a billion options for growing plants, so the whole staff at High Caliper Growing (Oklahoma City, OK) greatly appreciates the cannabis community, and all of our supporters.:pray:

4 Likes

I remember hearing the RAND corp did a study and they said the eventual wholesale price of cannabis after legalization would be $200/ lb. Shoot, in Oregon, they are probably close to that.

Eventually, cannabis will become more of a commodity, prices will continue to fall until they settle, I think in 10 years, you will be able to get top shelf cannabis for $35 tax included. I’m already seeing that in Denver, where they’ve been rec for like 4 years or so…

4 Likes

We appreciate YOU!

@smartpotseric thanks for being here with us today for a great AMA and thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion.

Happy growing :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

If people have questions down the road, keep posting in here and I’ll answer them as quickly as possible. Thanks @Growernick for the opportunity to grow with yall!

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, all the best.

4 Likes