🍃 AMA With Faezeh Dousty - Women in Cannabis Thought Leader Wednesday Jan, 2nd 11 AM PST

Interesting. While we’re on the subject of facility cleanliness, can you share a little about cleaning procedures in your facility? What do you use to keep everything healthy and clean?

2 Likes

We are using the common growing benches (aluminum with Staal & Blast trays). for all other parts of the production, such as trimming, packaging, etc. stainless steel tables are the must.

4 Likes

a pressure washer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are the plants in plastic pots?

2 Likes

Vital piece of equipment that makes quick work of cleaning your facility!

4 Likes

The production areas must be cleaned and sanitized at the level of pharmaceutical standards. SOPs must be written for routinely cleaning the corridors, growing rooms, and a vigorous cleaning protocol for between batches.
Cross contamination is one of the biggest challenges that must be carefully controlled. I am using a product similar to ProKure (chlorine dioxide) www.prokure1.com which is very effective.

4 Likes

Yes. I am. BC (Kelowna)

4 Likes

Yes. Currently that is our practice.

3 Likes

What have you found to be the biggest challenges working in commercial cannabis cultivation facilities?

3 Likes

These are the protocols that I will have to follow after I receive my licence from Health Canada. For now, I’m personal use.

4 Likes

Definitely, woman tend to focus priority in a grow better than male grower. Sorry guys it a valid observation.

4 Likes

One of the biggest challenges is establishing a preventative pest management plan. Especially, in Canada, there is nothing on the registered list of pesticides that can be used as a corrective solution, if there is an outbreak of any fungi or pests. So producers must establish a very carefully designed IPM that nicely match their production strategies.
In addition, there are still many details that need to taken care of after the production to retain the integrity of products. especially for export.
I guess health and safety and sustainable practices are overlooked as well, just to name a few.

3 Likes

my error - deleted

2 Likes

It’s all about being proactive, not reactive in your grow. That’s excellent information that every grower can appreciate. :+1:

Do you have any favorite products you use for your IPM strategy? What products do you find indispensable in your cultivation facility?

2 Likes

There we go…

4 Likes

Vegol Crop Oil is the one that we use in vegetative phase and then we integrate biological crop protection (biobest) in flowering stage.

3 Likes

Here to help

1 Like

Right on! Thanks for sharing that with us. What tracking software are you using in your facility?

1 Like

Interesting conversation.

Plastic pots are used across the board in food production and I have never seen a stainless steel growing pot.

Can anyone provide any science references about what a plant might pick up from plastic pots?

I know growers who have had fire hazards because a bulb blew and landed on plastic, which in turn caught on fire and ruined the room. But I would like to see the science behind the plastic paranoia beyond it being a fire hazard.

6 Likes

It is AirMed (Cannabis seed-to-sale- software)

3 Likes