šŸƒ AMA with James Yagielo, CEO of Hempstaff Thursday, August 1st at 11 AM PST

We currently do not have an openings in CT, nor do we have info of anyone hiring - however they are undergoing an expansion in CT, so we expect openings in the not to distant future.

4 Likes

90% of us grow illegal or started out that way and federally everyone is including them. Are you saying we should not mention our growing experience when applying for jobs in the industry if in an illegal state?

5 Likes

Yes, we do think its positive. Whenever someone can count on a paycheck and not have to jump from temp trimmer job to temp trimmer job it will make them more financially stable, plus allow them to earn promotions and raises and show their worth.

4 Likes

Wow, that is incredible info too. I used to hire for the company I worked for and barely got resumes. Maybe a couple applicants per opening.

Thatā€™s fanstatic to see that a lot of people are loving cannabis/marijuana, and that the stigma attached to it is getting smaller and smaller.

5 Likes

With a 4 hour class from HS under our belt, what else would you recommend to assist entry and an occupation?

4 Likes

Correct. This is reason we suggest taking some training courses - that way you can discuss your knowledge of cannabis with someone and list knowledge on a resume without ever admitting to doing something illegal. It comes down to - if you admit you did not respect the law to a prospective employer, how can you expect them to trust you that you will not break their rules or the current states laws?

5 Likes

If you are looking to work in a dispensary any retail/food service/cash handling experience or especially working in a pharmacy (along with cannabis training) will usually get you to the top of the list.

5 Likes

Alright I gotta get off here. Thank you for your time and Iā€™ll check out your site later today.

5 Likes

I mean no disrespect but anyone leading in the cannabis industry was at some point breaking a law by trying to change them. People like Jorge Cervantes and other leaders in our industry have all fought for legalization while breaking the law.

Anyone currently earning money in the cannabis industry is breaking the federal law. Iā€™m not sure I would want to b employed by someone who I would have to lie to about doing the same thing they are doing.

5 Likes

10 years ago that was certainly the case, but now there are literally thousands of legal experienced growers, so companies do not need to hire illegal growers anymore.

3 Likes

and yes, they are breaking federal law, but not state law ā€¦

4 Likes

I hope our industry never goes the suit and tie route.

Thanks for answering my questions youā€™ve been very informative and I appreciate your time.

Have a great day!

5 Likes

so which courseā€™s are the best on line there are so many different ones

4 Likes

Ditto, this was very informative and I appreciate your answers and time, THANK YOU!!!

4 Likes

We have not taken all the courses online, so we can not say. Our recommendation for any training, is look up their reviews on Google and Facebook and make sure the trainer has previous cannabis experience. If you canā€™t find reviews, that is a red flag.

6 Likes

Strangely enough, I have been speaking about my roots in the black market ā€“ including my arrests for possession and growing ā€“ to employers and the community at large since entering the legal industry. Most employers respect where I came from. Itā€™s those roots that enable me to do all this today. I think many appreciate where our industry started and where it is heading. I used to be ashamed of getting busted but now I realize it was all part of the journey to get where I am today. Some of the best growers are still locked up, unfortunately.

Many states have social equity programs giving license preference to minorities and people with prior cannabis felonies. Sadly, Arizona is NOT one of those states.

James, what about cannabis felons who want to enter the industry? How do people with prior convictions get into the legal cannabis job market?

6 Likes

i have taking all kinds of classes online sad thing is i am in Texas not able to use any of my certificationā€™s

4 Likes

Are you in a position to move to another state? That might be a better option for you, if you are serious about a cannabis/marijuana position.

3 Likes

i agree but at this time cant leave the state

4 Likes

Hoodies4life? I feel that. 10 years+ in the pro cannabis industry and Iā€™m proud to say I left my suits and ties in the financial sector!

I think thereā€™s something to be said for professionalism in the cannabis industry but my tie kept getting caught up in my high CFM fans :crazy_face:

Hemp is a little less casual, it seems.

5 Likes