AMA with Peichen Chang of tCheck TODAY Wed April 24th 11AM

The devices are calibrated at the factory. We will soon roll out a feature that allows you to zero or tare the device to your base oil.

3 Likes

Okay, what is the threshold for measuring THC, other words, what is the smallest number that it measures.

4 Likes

For infusions, the lowest threshold is 1.0 mg/ml. The maximum is 15 mg/ml.

4 Likes

I think you’re covering the most commonly misused pesticides in the above manifest. I think being able to certify those pesticides being absent would be huge for growers! What does our @memberdirectorythink? Are there more pesticides you think we should be able to test for with the tCheck handheld technology?

3 Likes

If the added substances has less than 1.0 mg/ml does the device register as N/A? Or auto register as 1?

3 Likes

It will register as <1.0 mg/ml.

5 Likes

Perfect thank you, well I’m sold :slight_smile: going to be ordering a kit.

6 Likes

Can you test the potency of seeds? If not, is this something that could be developed?

3 Likes

Usually in food manufacturing facilities with any sort of HACCP plan will require you to calibrate the device either monthly, bi-annually, or annually. Maybe you could provide a mail-in service for this?

6 Likes

:slight_smile: We have a special going on right now. Please use the discount code GROW420 to get the device + flower / concentrate kit + a cookbook for $420.

edit: Updated the discount code. The previous code will expire soon- and this one we have extended the time frame on. This is good till the end of April :smiley:

7 Likes

That’s a GREAT idea! Thanks!!

2 Likes

That’s an AWESOME 420 deal! :evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Admittedly, we have not considered this application. Do you make seed extractions?

4 Likes

Not currently, just curious about potential applications in the industry.

3 Likes

This device sounds really cool.
I’m curious in how one could use it in a grow room. I get that it can be used to test potency of dried flower, but what about on live plants: for example, are you able to test plants as they grow? Are you able to test “wet” matter, or uncured flower?

7 Likes

What is the principal of analysis?
what is your variance with a repeat mid scale sample?
what is your prefered solvent for sample prep?

7 Likes

Also, regarding edibles, it seems to me that dosage is one of the main objectives in making quality product. Have you found there to be, with your device, a lot of variance between one gummy from the next within the same batch as far as dosage goes, for example?

6 Likes

The difficulty with fresh plant matter is that the water weight can significantly throw off the measurements. The device only needs a very small amount to test (~100mg), smaller than the size of a peanut. We have had some growers harvest this small amount, dry it, then test. Drying 0.1g should be pretty quick.

8 Likes

We have found HUGE variability! In our own labs, we have discovered that homogenization is a particularly difficult challenge. For example, in MCT infusions, we have discovered that there is a measureable settling in the infusions in as little as 4 hours after mixing. All of our calibration standards are on a continuous mixer that runs 24x7.

5 Likes

Does the sample need to be 100% dry in order to get an accurate test result?

4 Likes