Any experience with vegging on hps and flowering on led

Has anyone had any experience vegging their plants under hps and then flowering under led? I am currently doing that now, vegged under a 600 hps and now flowering on what is supposed to be a “1200” watt led. I think it’s a knock off as i cant find any information. Any how my plants don’t look particularly happy, my first time using a led so I’m not sure if it’s just that or if tbey don’t like the switch between lights. Anyone else found something similar?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I fell your pain I moved from 5200 watts HIDs to 1900 watts LEDs

mine are finally getting better after dialing in the environment :slight_smile: a bright spot for

me is I will be outside in about 76 days

you need to put a meter on your light to see what it is drawing for power

10% less is about the watts it is putting out give or take a little

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

Thanks man i used a light meter and it came out at 872 ppfd which converted to 600 watts or something. I’m not really sure but I’ll carry on using it and maybe even put the 600 hps in with them to.

4 Likes

I veg under a Metal Halide, and flower under a led. HPS is for flower, not veg. This may be your problem, not sure.

3 Likes

welcome @grandaddy013 nice to have you here :slight_smile:

you are correct Metal Halide is better for veg as the blue gives you a more

compact cell growth as opposed to the red which give you an elongated

cell growth (stretch)

I have done grows from start to finish which just MH or HPS lights in the end

you will get bud

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

A hps vegs just fine… i have been doing this for close to 10 years. Inunderstand spectrums and all… The question was vegging under a hps and then switching to led wherher or not it is to veg or flower. Do plants need to adjust? I knownplants stretch through veg to flower. I also know they stretch with the drop of hours, as well as changing from metal halide to hps i have found they also stretch from spectrum leaping… but my plants stunting out is new. Anyone with experience that sounds similar to this?

3 Likes

I’m not sure. Llike i said previously, i have vegged under a MH then led for flower with no problems.

3 Likes

I know the plants I have absolutely did not do so well going from cheap T-5 shoplight

replacement LEDs to real LEDs from say 170 PPFD for 14 hours a day to 500 PPFD

18 hours a day

and from mostly blue 5500 or 6000k to 3500k oops and VPD was stupid high

The Weed is a pretty durable plant :slight_smile: but Autos are destroying inside :frowning:

75 days or so out under the sun

a learning curve from the HIDs to LEDs and I have been growing since 1974

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes