Any lime professionals on here?

So I understand that lime is used in fields or lawns to lower ph and offset acidity.
Here’s the position I’m in and why I’m asking about this. My employer uses lime in our air filtration system to remove sulfur from the exhaust of our brick ovens. Once it’s used it turns into lime sulfur and gets collected into a huge silo. Once a week we empty this huge silo into semi trucks (about 20 ton worth) and they haul it off to some hole and bury it.
I’m looking at this as more of a business opportunity seeing how it would be free but I just need to haul it off and store it. Iv built a limestone refinery before so I have experience with the automation and structure of the operation but not the actual product and testing of it.

How do I test this to see if it will work for lawns or farmers. Iv also read it can be used for killing ring worms in animals. Removing fungi from trees. Iv tested the ph and run off from my plants before so I understand that aspect. How do I go about testing to see if this lime sulfur concoction is safe to use?

2 Likes

You don’t need to…send it off to a ag lab and they will do whatever analysis you require at a reasonable cost. Although I am in Ca, I use a lab in Kentucky because of the quality (accuracy) of their work…anyway there are a lot around. PM me if you want to use my lab. Good Luck!

4 Likes