Any music you're really feeling lately?

I’ve been needing upbeat, so I’ve been listening to a lot of Nu-disco lately. One of my new favorite artists is Goldroom – anybody heard of him? I’ll post one of his latest songs.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this album lately:

It’s rare for me to find an album where there are no tracks I dislike, but this is one of those finds.

I collect and dig slow disco and have been really getting into Tanner Ross. I like their down beat stuff too.

4 Likes

I hadn’t heard of him before - I checked out some of his songs and am enjoying them. This one in particular:

2 Likes

Just heard this rocking tune and I had to share it.

2 Likes

bit older, but one of my go-to’s to get energized.

btw if you wonder about the text: It’s from Young Frankenstein.

“From that fateful day when stinking bits of slime first crawled from the sea and shouted to the cold stars, “I am man!”, our greatest dread has always been the knowledge of our mortality. But tonight, we shall hurl the gauntlet of science into the frightful face of death itself. Tonight, we shall ascend into the heavens. We shall mock the earthquake. We shall command the thunders, and penetrate into the very womb of impervious nature herself.”

2 Likes

lol now I had to find it…

3 Likes

Listening to some Soundgarden in memory of Chris Cornell. In case you didn’t know it, the band named themselves after a sound sculpture: A Sound Garden - Wikipedia
I’ve visited it and sadly it’s in a state of disrepair. Only some of the pipes were working.

best mashup êvah! Sounds legit!

3 Likes

Love the datamoshing on that video!

2 Likes

Didn’t realize there was a name for that - I love learning new vocabulary :slight_smile:

1 Like

POWERS is a really great band, IMO.

Here’s a new crossover I haven’t seen before - cannabis-themed death metal band:

1 Like

cue Tom Cruise in Color of Money

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh ya! Amtrac - Walkin' (Autograf Remix) - YouTube

Amtrac featuring Autograf

2 Likes

Upbeat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGggAGITwg

2 Likes

Man, Steve Vai’s guitarmanship is always amazing.

2 Likes

Part of the reason why Bowie’s Let’s Dance album is so great.

1 Like