Any Organic ways to get rid of weeds?

Hey, @Growernick and @CAgrowopowners @mastergrowers What is your best way to get rid of weeds organically around your grow?

2 Likes

Pull them once, don’t water them again, boom! No more weeds. This happen because of water runoff from the mj grow? Anyone ever lay plastic down under a soil bed to conserve water or on the side to keep it from bad weeds or is that stupid?

Ya know what’s not stupid… use plastic sheets to kill the weeds. Lay it down throw some stuff on it so its tight to the ground and let the sun cook and kill those bad weeds for a few days. I’m not calling it organic though that’s just a sales pitch. :joy::v:

3 Likes

They were just preparing the planting beds in the field next to my office yesterday in Ventura.
@kgkind thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Applied SaferGro WeedZap at 6.4 oz per gallon with SaferGro Humax at 1 oz per gallon on the weeds outside of my office 7-01 , 12 Noon. Picture taken 9AM 7-02
Both products are Organic and OMRI certified. Good organic alternative to RoundUp.

3 Likes

Update picture showing the results of the Weed Zap . Top picture before spraying and below picture taken today 7-10 after spraying with Weed Zap at 5% solution and Humax at 1oz per gal on 7-01-19

3 Likes

GAPigWeed7-10
Jonathan Coleman our SaferGro Rep in the SouthEast sprayed this RoundUp resistant Pigweed with an 8% Solution of our #safergro Weed Zap . @mastergrowers

2 Likes

I use reusable plastic mulch covers all-the-time for my CBD Hemp. Never do I have an issue with weeds. I hate to say it but it’s all about prevention.
if you have a tractor with the correct implements, you can turn over the soil and start a new.

Raymond.

3 Likes