Any type of bug repellent like neem oil safe for flowering?

Im trying to find an alternate product that does the same job as neem oil but that it is safe for the flowering proccess since neem oil leaves a taste on the buds if they are sprayed with neem oil.

5 Likes

I have been told and have read that Rosemary oil is a good substitute for Neem Oil. When mixing Rosemary Oil in water and a drop of dish washing soap to the water to help the Rosemary oil from separating from the water that you mixed it with. I would also tell you if you are using anything to kill pests, when you harvest your plants do a bud wash to remove the insecticide and dead bugs. I have also been told and read that Tea Tree oil mixed the same way will help with fungus problems on your plants.

5 Likes

So if i wanted to keep using neem oil all i gotta do at the end after cutting it is prep it for drying by washing it?

2 Likes

Here is a video on it. If you’re growing outdoors you should always do a bud wash in my opinion.

2 Likes

Ohh so in other words i can just use the neem oil is i just need to be careful not to spray the buds and after i harvest it i wash and let it dry?

2 Likes

I think so. I just prefer buds that don’t have nasty residue like oils or dead bugs and bug poop on them! Lol!

3 Likes

Thanks for the help i appreciate it wlot!

2 Likes

Im not sure that neem is safe to use on a flowering plant. I believe neem oil is banned for any stage of growth in Canada

2 Likes

Oh. Well ive been using it since veg so idk its good at keeping the bugs away but for flowering ima just avoid spraying the buds

4 Likes

U can get captain jacks dead bug and use that til day of harvest. Also Dr zymes is supposed to be safe til day of harvest. I use blue magic which contains a little bit of soybean oil otherwise I’ve used it on all plants with any issues blue magic works great against wpm also. One spray and done here usually unless I miss spots by not being super thorough

5 Likes