Anybody flowering with panther x

I finished a flower cycle and everything looked great but the flowers were dry lacking in smell and taste. I flowered with out dimmers and believe that the lights were to intense . I’ve now installed dimmers but not sure what a good setting is. Oh and the lights are roughly 30 to 37 inches above the canopy .

1 Like

I just got the Quantium200 was talked out of the Panther X Mini by their CS. That was one of the problems I am going through right now, the lack of a installed dimmer with exposed wires hanging. They sold it as plug and play and dimmable but when I asked what dimmer to get, no response. It also came in with a mid size dent along the side…Still not sure if I’m going to sent it back or not to be honest. It’s nice to see another grower using this co, as I haven’t found many peps that even know about them.

That’s one of the reason I want a dimmer on it, so I don’t have to keep screwing with the light or torch anything. Do they have more than one person working their CS line? It seems like one guy whom I can barely understand…Good Luck!

2 Likes

@imSICKkid is probably the best person to answer your questions hes a led guy

2 Likes

These are standard LED lighting requirements from seedling to harvest for lighting heights/driver power

SEEDLINGS AND VEG

Light should be about 24 inches above the canopy with driver dimmed all the way. If your internode’s are to compact then you can raise it up a few inches to get more stretch. If the plants are too leggy then you would lower the light a few inches. Always maintain around 20 to 24 inches from the canopy throughout the veg stage.

TRANSITIONING TO FLOWER

Once you flip your light cycle to 12/12…or autos start preflowering…your going to start turning your driver up a little bit every 4 to 5 days. During the plants flowering stretch your going to let them get to within 15" to the light on their own while simultaneously turning the driver up.

FLOWERING

Once your in full flower and your plants are done growing UP, your drivers should be turned all the way up and your lights should be between 12 to 15 inches

LATE FLOWER/FINISH

During the last week or so you may encounter some foxtailing. If so I recommend 2 things…either turn your driver back down to its lowest setting(this is what I would do) or you can just raise your lights back up to around 24 to 30 inches.

Hope this answers any questions you have. Holler if you need something else

3 Likes

This is what your after if you have dimming wires.

2 Likes

That’s the same one I was looking at last night, lol! So you think it would be ok for an LED? I ask because some of the dimmers can mess up your equipment after a while. And being that’s it is new didn’t want to screw it up. That looks like it would work ok. Thanks Man!!!

2 Likes

Do you have any experience with these lights?
https://www.hydrogrowled.com/product/penetrator-xb200-200w-led-grow-light-for-sale/
They look interesting with the driver built into the board…Just not sure if I’m going to keep the Crecer Light that I’ve bought. But there is a 20% restock fee plus return shipping, so there is that also. :frowning: Oh thanks for the help too!

2 Likes

That is its purpose. To dim LED grow lights

1 Like

Well the reason I asked is because I’ve read that some dimmers can ruin equipment. This being new I didn’t want to screw it up right away. But they really should have installed one or at least offer one for sale. Not leave it up to the customer when you advertise the light as dimmable. Hell I could not even get the guy to tell me which damn dimmer to use! If you are going to plaster developed and sold in the U.S all over the site you would except some sort of decent CS. I guess those days are long past…Have you ever heard of that Hydrogrowled company before?

1 Like

No I’ve never heard of them. Service sounds shitty though

Umm…Yeah, Shitty is one word for it. Emailed twice through their website, no reply. Emailed directly, got a reply but did not answer either of the questions I had. One was about the dimmer and the other was about the big ass dent on the side of the light. Emailed again and asked for a RMA for the second time again, no response. Probably will not effect the light, but it looks like crap and it had to happen before it was shipped. So that means their QA is crap as well! I really want to send it back but having to pay 20% plus return shipping just sux!

1 Like

I appreciate all the input but was really looking for some guidance on dimmer settings for flower. I’m new to leds and would love to get this right. The first flower I did was well nuclear largest flowers with multiple nodes everywhere largest harvest from this strain in 3 years. I just don’t want to reinvent the wheel if someone else is already using something similar.

I haven’t used my Crecer light yet, does their site not give any indication of height for veg or flowering?

This is from their site, should give you a general guide. You can start at that height and adjust down towards plant as needed.

COVERAGE AREA

• Vegetative Growth : Coverage 6’ x 6’ @ 36" Height
  • Flower Growth : Coverage Area 5’ x 5’ @ 24" Height

So your harvest was good in yield, but you’re unhappy with the smell and taste?

What kind of light were you running before? Any changes to the growing area other than the light?

Were the buds as dense as you were used to getting from this plant?

I’ve got a couple ideas, but I need to know a bit more from you.

Standard 1000 watt setup. The cycle times changed from 8 to 10 weeks to 10 to 12 weeks which was ok because of all the flowers. Density was different but flowers were so much larger and numerous. I tested some panther x against some custom cobs with similar results so I’m sure it’s something to do with the intensity of the lights. Outside of the lights the grow areas remained the same.

Are you measuring how much light is hitting your plant with anything? PAR meter? I’ve never been able to run LEDs as far away from the canopy as HPS. They don’t throw the light as far from the bulb.

I’ve used this app on my android phone with good success. I’ve tested it against a Sun Systems PAR meter and dividing the reading by 100 gives a pretty good estimate. Look up Migro on YouTube - he did The testing and recommended the app, I just am spreading what he found.

2 Likes

Awesome information that should get me going in the right direction.

1 Like