Anyone ever experience leaf twist?

2 things I think it could be is if your Ph is off but most likely a calmag deficiency or cal or mag ? Are using RO? Even if not I would try calmag

1 Like

Do you ph before every watering or do you have a reservoir? If you have a res make sure the ph is not drifting. Honestly if I’m seeing issues with a plant that young I chuck it. Also you don’t feed these every watering do you? Once a week with nutes at half dose. Less is more unless your in Rockwool or coco. In soil once a week 1/2 dose. Try calmag it looks like a calmag issue on the larger plant

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I do have calmag handy, but haven’t used it yet. The plants were doing fine before going to the sitter during my leave, he still has yet to get back to me on any viable information as to what they used, if they fed, the PH etc. My PH level today was 6.3. I take the local tap water, I boil it down and collect the condensation, I then run that through a rock and charcoal filtration system I made to get as many impurities as possible. I then allow this to sit out to let any of the added chlorine that may have made it’s way through for a week, before plantation, I had several gallons sitting for weeks to prepare myself. But, I haven’t altered PH as of yet. I can try to use calmag on the runts of the group to see how well they respond

@diller I’ve added FF calmag to all the girls, hopefully this is what was needed.

Everyone has pretty much covered it. I have encountered it soo many times. It don’t usually give it too much concern. I’ll either leave it alone. Or clip the leaf tips off. Usually though strong veg it will work out. Try a cal mag foliar spray once a day for about three four days. Apply to the under side of the leaves. Spray the whole plant b
From below. If you have a wand it makes life a lot easier. $40 for one. Or Solo makes a hand held one little cheaper. It has a adjustable angle head for easy spraying

1 Like

Something like this works really well also!
https://www.amazon.ca/Chapin-16100-Garden-Sprayer-1-Gallon/dp/B00GN69N1C/ref=sr_1_29?keywords=pressure+tank+top+water+plants&qid=1579281261&sr=8-29

1 Like

Totally they are so helpful. Especially if you have a bad back. Mine is a 2.5gallon. Enough to water on set of plants in a 3x3 in 4 gall pots.

1 Like

Unless you have the worst water ever you don’t need you do all that stuff to filter the water. I grew chronic for 20 yrs before I ever switched to RO. If you want let it sit out overnight before using and some of the chlorine will dissipate. I switched to RO for my commercial facility. Before that I never even left the tap water out overnight , just ph. I can’t say I even see a noticeable difference using RO. Never checked EC a day in my life either. Ph and if your ever pushing them check your ppm but I never push so hard that I even need to worry about it. KIS. Most bottled nutes at a little less than recommended dosage will give you a feeding schedule that won’t take your ppm to high. Remember nutrient companies are trying to make money so they are telling you to use 5ml for example per gallon when you could get by with 2ml per gallon and it will be as good or better end product. Less is more.

2 Likes